Wife melted scale lol!

Michael Malone

Location (City and/or State)
Dallas, Tx
Just somthing kinda funny maybe a little scary not sure lol. My wife was cleaning kitchen and she moved the scale onto stove to wipe down counters. She was cleanin the oven and I don't really know much about how that works but there is a button u push on the stove and it's a cleanin setting anyways. It was a few hours after all our house wrk and I was playin with secil and decided to weight him. And I went to turn on scale and nothing would happen and I was like there is know way those battery's are dead the scale is not even a year old. So I go to flip it over and that's when I see all the warped and melted plastic lol at the time I did know what to think I just started laughing. We're guessing when the oven was in self clean it got to hot and melted it just glad nothing caught fire lol

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
LOL, the cleaning option gets really really hot where I did it once and it scared the crap out of me when I seen a small fire inside my oven. Some grease I guess caught fire. I have never cleaned my oven that way again.
So glad it wasn't worse then just a melted scale.

Michael Malone

Dallas, Tx
Yes I'm glad it was only scale to lol I mean I couldn't say much cause I don't do the cleaning or cooking for that matter lol when my wife works late me and the kids are either eating pb & j or anything that can be microwaved lol
Shes pretty great scale melting and all lol

Ramsey

5 Year Member
San Diego California
I did the same thing a few years ago but with some bananas I moved onto the grill while cleaning the counter. They turned black within a matter of minutes.