Wiilling to trade tortoise!!!!!!

Thomas tortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
I live in a somewhat cold zone so I would like to trade my sulcata for a redfoot, yellowfoot, leopard, hingeback or any other type except for a Russian tortoise! I don't have the room for a sulcata and I wish I thought it through more before I got him/her... My sulcata hatched in December 2020 (not sure what day) I really want him to go to a good owner! And everyone on Cragslist are not the good owners I'm looking for... But my favorite tortoise is a redfoot so I would like a redfoot... Young preferably or middle aged. Btw I have been researching tortoises for 5 years now and that's how I found this tortoise forum. And tortoise are me dream pet but sadly I can't keep my sulcata Due to low space.

TeamZissou

Albuquerque, NM
Each of those species requires similar care and temperatures at the end of the day. The big difference is that they do not get as huge as sulcatas (though leopards are pretty big). You'd still need a decently large warm enclosure for a Redfoot during the winter.

If you are looking into smaller tortoises that are cold tolerant and could brumate during the winter (and don't like Russians) consider a Hermann's tortoise or Greek tortoise such as an Ibera greek. These are one of the more widely available subspecies that brumate well unlike the more sensitive subspecies like terrestris or cyrenaica.

Thomas tortoise

Arkansas
Each of those species requires similar care and temperatures at the end of the day. The big difference is that they do not get as huge as sulcatas (though leopards are pretty big). You'd still need a decently large warm enclosure for a Redfoot during the winter.

If you are looking into smaller tortoises that are cold tolerant and could brumate during the winter (and don't like Russians) consider a Hermann's tortoise or Greek tortoise such as an Ibera greek. These are one of the more widely available subspecies that brumate well unlike the more sensitive subspecies like terrestris or cyrenaica.
I have room for redfoots and other ones similar to size. But my sulcata is going to get real big... I personally don't like the dinner plate size I want a little bigger.