Wild Caught or Captive Bred from Tortoise Town?

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
I ordered a SA Leopard from them and got (i think) a much younger tort than what they told me. Not a fan of them

qiangzhu

Washington
I ordered a SA Leopard from them and got (i think) a much younger tort than what they told me. Not a fan of them
They are also expensive. Their price is in the high end of the tortoise market. I originally thought they started the tortoise so well and asked for that price

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Tortoise Town, Star tortoise world, and maybe others are all web stores operated by the same person. If you look at Fauna-classified most of that content is this person buying CB tortoises to fill his selling needs. They guy is very smart marketer who has sorted out well how to keep his webpage near the top of searches.

I know from direct interaction of people who sell to him he does not always represent tortoises as they were sold to him. But that is in part due to all the fickle buyers out there that turn breeders away from want to deal with a continual request for one more picture, etc.

Tortoise Town does not create all their own falsehoods, many breeders tell that guy what will drive their price to him a bit higher.

There is enough bullshyt to go around, and then in and among all that are animals represented honestly.

Do your best with your tortoise, and get great help here on TFO.