Will fish in hibiscus soil be unhealthy for my sulcata tortoise?

snailgalaxies

Location (City and/or State)
California
My guppy fish of 2 years died today from pregnancy complications, and I'd like to bury her in my hibiscus soil, since its my favorite plant and it reminds me of her. I feed my tortoise, Hades, the leaves and flowers from the plant. Will it harm him if I bury her there? I know it can help the plant and is good for them but I'd like to know if it will still be okay for him to eat.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
My guppy fish of 2 years died today from pregnancy complications, and I'd like to bury her in my hibiscus soil, since its my favorite plant and it reminds me of her. I feed my tortoise, Hades, the leaves and flowers from the plant. Will it harm him if I bury her there? I know it can help the plant and is good for them but I'd like to know if it will still be okay for him to eat.
No it won't harm anything. Make sure you water and take care of that plant in her memory though!

snailgalaxies

California
No it won't harm anything. Make sure you water and take care of that plant in her memory though!
Thank you, and I will. She was a sweetheart, and had all of the adult guppies I currently have - and then gave me beautiful new babies before she passed the next morning. She did so well and lived a full life, I'd like to give her a proper final resting place.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Sorry for the loss of your guppy fish. It sounds like she was a pretty special one. I’d like to see a picture of her if you have one to share.