Will my tort be okay left alone a day?

MisterElrond

Location (City and/or State)
Columbus, Ohio
I'm out of town this weekend for a friend's high school graduation party so my roommate agreed to watch my Russian, Richard. This morning she texted me saying she's actually going home for a bit, but will be back Sunday morning. His lights are on a timer but this means he won't be getting as much as he normally eats today or anything to eat tomorrow, and he'll probably have no water in his dish by Sunday since he tends to splash it out when he crawls in it. Will he be okay or do I have to cut my visit short and miss the party?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Don't worry, he'll be fine. I frequently give my tortoises a no food day. Its just like what sometimes happens in the wild. The sun doesn't always shine, and there isn't always an abundance of food for the taking.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Don't worry, he should be fine. My RT goes without food for a day sometimes, and he doesn't even notice I'm not there!
Good job for being a protective mommy though:)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Just make sure there are no place or objects that s/he may clime and turnover/flip over on their back.

biscuit-da-tort

idaho
I'm out of town this weekend for a friend's high school graduation party so my roommate agreed to watch my Russian, Richard. This morning she texted me saying she's actually going home for a bit, but will be back Sunday morning. His lights are on a timer but this means he won't be getting as much as he normally eats today or anything to eat tomorrow, and he'll probably have no water in his dish by Sunday since he tends to splash it out when he crawls in it. Will he be okay or do I have to cut my visit short and miss the party?
I'd say he/she's fine, but just to be safe, give a little extra water + food. ;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You can always leave some extra food