Will one big roll do it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hi, Had a RF egg Dec 30, set up my Hovabator and placed the egg on the wire grid,(87% now,for 2 weeks I had in a 90%) with water underneath, as per instructions. I know someone said vermiculite? But anyway, it got moved yesterday, by accident and the egg went flying to the corner. I replaced it to the center with the thermometer on top and wondered if I shook it up too much? I know there is probably always a chance, but
Your thoughts? Thanks

argus333

5 Year Member
it may be ok. i put my eggs in a small tupper were container in vermiculate. do not let it move again. and id get it in some kind of a container with perlite or vermiculite. i put small pencil marks on top of eggs so i always know tops.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
So the egg is just sitting there exposed with no media? Did someone tell you that would be a good way to go?

It is possible for the egg to survive a single roll if you immediately put the top back on the top. Did you have the top marked?

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
The instructions in the incubator had that the way to do it..
No I did not mark the top,,,,duh....Won't ever not do that again, how stupid. But this is my first time.
Should I now place in in a container?
Thanks,live and learn. What the heck would I do with a hatching anyway?
Ok second question, when would be the soonest there would be suspect of viability?
Nay

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I would place it in a deli cup with some vermiculite. Weight the vermiculite and then mix in the same weight of water. Add water as needed for the next three months.

You can see signs of fertility within 7-10 days, but sometimes I can't see anything until they are near term. Just incubate it anyway. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.