winter diet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demjor19

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
my girlfirend and i have a 9" sulcata and are a bit undecided on what would be the best staple diet through the winter months. right now we are keeping him an a timothy hay substrate and he grazes on it as he wishes. we have also been including some greens (danelion greens, turnip greens, and romain lettuce). we have him under a powersun UVB light and are supplementing his meals w/ Herptivite about twice a week. do any of you have better suggestions? we are really trying to avoid pyramiding and any other health issues.

thanks for your input!

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lisbon, Portugal
demjor19 said:
my girlfirend and i have a 9" sulcata and are a bit undecided on what would be the best staple diet through the winter months. right now we are keeping him an a timothy hay substrate and he grazes on it as he wishes. we have also been including some greens (danelion greens, turnip greens, and romain lettuce). we have him under a powersun UVB light and are supplementing his meals w/ Herptivite about twice a week. do any of you have better suggestions? we are really trying to avoid pyramiding and any other health issues.

thanks for your input!

that seems good to me. It's more or less the same I've been feeding my Hermann's since November.

Meka

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio, USA
are there any other suggestions as far as his winter diet goes? anymore input would be great.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I just ordered from Reptileats.com, whom is also on the forum. I ordered a subscription, which is 2 lbs every 2 weeks and a plant with each delivery. So it is for 3 months, 6 deliveries. I ordered from them before and was satisfied with the delivery. So, hopefully it will be enough for all of my guys. If not, I will supplement with the things I have to get from the store. I ordered the grassland blend which is a nice assortment and satisfies my needs with sulcatas, leopards and russians!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
You could also add some Orchard or bermuda hay so that you can change up the timothy. Clover is good if you can find some, besides reptileeats you can check out carolina pet supply and they sell clover seeds that you could grow inside, hibscus works to depending on were you live. Mulberry leaves, prickly pear cactus pads,collard greens, endive, an occasional strawberry. You can get the prickly pear at carolinas.

Status
Not open for further replies.