Winter update on the group (pictures!)

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
It's been a while since my last update with the group. I snapped some shots while they were eating this evening and thought I would share. All my tortoises are from allegraf here on the forum. She produces amazing hatchlings and is an absolute joy to do business with.

Coagi doing what s/he does best

Partners in crime (Coagi left, Mimosa right)

I'm finally starting to hit a groove with Mandarin. Here s/he is chowing down

Rafiki is really marbling nicely and s/he grows like wild! The brut of the group for sure and s/he is happy to remind all the others that s/he is dominant

Mimosa is starting to marble, which was a real surprise to me, she showed no signs initially, we'll see how much comes in

Roll the marbles!

Love it when they whip out the stink eye

For those interested in the lineages:
Coagi - unknown...nest found outdoors
Rafiki - Lemon Head
Mandarin - Oren
Mimosa - Rambutan

Happy Holidays!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Always love seeing your updates Chris. Alegra's babies are the best, and you are doing a great job with them. Rafiki is my favorite. I love marbling.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
terryo said:
Always love seeing your updates Chris. Alegra's babies are the best, and you are doing a great job with them. Rafiki is my favorite. I love marbling.

Thanks Terry ;)

How are all those box turtles doing? Any photos from the summer? Maybe I missed a post of your previously...I'm not on here much but I'd love to see how your gardens turned out this summer. Direct me if I missed your post(s).

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I finally picked one of these up, should be helpful for maintaining optimal conditions in my enclosure.

Yep, simulated sunrise & sunset, humidity control, and very tight temperature regulation. So pumped!

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Great photos again Chris!!! They look amazing.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
terryo said:
I don't remember if I posted anything on this forum with Summer pictures, but here's another post from another forum that I did post on. I never have time anymore for anything.....better days ahead, hopefully.
http://www.turtleforum.com/forum/upload/index.php?showtopic=158720#entry1315989

CharlieM said:
Great photos again Chris!!! They look amazing.

The boxies and your gardens are marvelous, Terry! I loved the last picture, it really cracked me up!

Thanks Charlie, I hope your trifecta of trouble is doing well in all that Florida sunshine!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great pics. Congrats on the new toy. I don't remember, did you ever post a pic of the whole enclosure? Would love too see it:D

TerryO OMG. My yard looks like yours in the last pic of your thread listed above. I don't know how you do it, knowing there are turtles under all that snow. It would drive me nuts worrying if they were okay. I don't think I could do it.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
allegraf said:
Man, they are looking fantastic!

wellington said:
Great pics. Congrats on the new toy. I don't remember, did you ever post a pic of the whole enclosure? Would love too see it:D

TerryO OMG. My yard looks like yours in the last pic of your thread listed above. I don't know how you do it, knowing there are turtles under all that snow. It would drive me nuts worrying if they were okay. I don't think I could do it.

Thanks!

Barb, I have a link at the base of my signature that shows the whole enclosure, I believe it is the second link not the first.