Wise guy....but thankful all worked out

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
So, yesterday morning at 10am..I made my way through the yard...leaving cat food in the bowl for whichever neiborhood cats depend on it..then pour out two cups of wild bird seed on the two feeding mountains (up a bit higher than the surrounding ground so the cats can't sneak up on them)..then head back past two of the Ca Desert Tort yards...it was still cool because of the recent weather/rain so Herman barely bithered to see if I had his fav romaine hand out and Ghamara ran up and out of his burrow...somehow he always feels me coming by..and stared me down..well since the weather was cold I know they would only take a bite or two and leave the rest for the ants and beetles to enjoy..so I told them both that they were on their own to graze if they get hungry and I keep walking to finish my morning rounds...as I walked on past Ghamara I got a weird feeling, like he was eyeballing me a little to much...hmmm? Jump ahead to this morning at about 9:15 ..I decided to go out a little early (feeling a little guilty about no romaine treats yesterday) and do the cat food then the bird feed and I go by Hermans yard and see he is making his way to where he takes my offerings..and normally while he does that I knock on the post that leads down into the ground next to Ghamaras burrow so he knows it is offering time...I then go into Hermans yard and give him his crack romaine...I leave his yard, walk back past where I normally knock for Ghamara and by this time he is usually shuffling up out of his burrow to wait for me to go to the other side of his yard where his gate is....hmm? he was not coming out? Curiously I pick up pace a little and as I get to the gate I reach for the handle and notice to the right of my foot...an escape slide!!..the jerk sometime between eyeballing me the morning before and now decided he was going to go for a walk about...so once I took a breath, stopped freaking out...and Iimmediatly looked for foot prints and found a few that then disappeared I felt sick to my stomach...looked about a bit..no luck..thinking that this is the end for him...never to be seen again...ok so I compose myself and went into his yard knocked at his burrow...tossed in some pebbles to see if I could hear the thunk sound and wait for the shuffle sound he makes on his way up...nothing..completely crushed I retreat to the house to gather a game plan....half hour later I figure it is warming up a bit so what the heck, lets slip on some shoes and go see what we can see...the moment I am slipping on my shoes I hear a small happening going on in the yard..so of course I shuffle on out to the yard..following the sounds...I come around the side of the jerks yard and keep going on around to Hermans yard..and yup, there is the jerk up on the backside of hermans enclosure ramming Hermans fence trying to fight him and Herman pissed off he is being harrased and is equally trying to ram the fence to get at the jerk on the other side of his fence....the two pathetic boys fence fighting like a couple of junk yard dogs....so happy ending...he aparently stayed close once he was out and perhaps my knocking woke him up at which time he noticed Herman sunning on top of his house, minding his own business and decided to launch his assault....thank goodness....so he was put back in his yard, a perimeter revision done and tonight when I returned home..all undisturbed...so his butt is in lockdown and on close watch...jerk...

Keith D.

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I feel you Angela, had a issue today myself with Bully my SDT. We were in town yesterday doing some doctor visits and some shopping when my brother calls my and told me Bully got out of his pool ( which he is in temporarily till we get his pen done), he searched the house and couldn't find him. He looked and looked then went to the front doorvand there he was halfway out of the doggy door, the little butt lol. So when I got home I gave direct orders to keep the doggy door closed till further notice, but nooo my cousin doesn't listen and takes it off sometime last night after I went to bed. I was woke up this morning by my brother saying Bully is missingvand he can't find him, so I tell him he has to being the house somewhere cause the doggy door is closed, he was like nope the doggy door was open. I jumped out of bed and Keith was on the rampage, frantic and big time upset. So we searched the house then by that time I was pissed at my cousin so I dragged his butt out of bed and told him to start looking so we did a sweep of the yard, found nothing, so I told my cousin to get under the house and start looking, he gave me some lip about it, I threw a small rock at him, kicked him in the butt and told him to get his butt under there, which then he knew i wasnt playing with him lol dumb *** he is lol. Anyway while he was doing that I decided to turn the house upside down again, so I went room by room finally after a hour or so I get to my Moms room and start shinning the flashlight under things looking, nothing. I left the room and had a feeling about 5 minutes later to go back to that room, so I started back into the room, I shinned the flashlight under the bed near the headboard and then I see a leg and his smirky little smile like he was trying to tell me that tis was a fun game of hide and seek, and I was thinking it was more like a horrible experience of giving Dad a heart attack. So the morning started off bad but ended good thankfully.