Woman stabbed boyfriend after threats to her turtle.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I wouldn't stab him for verbally threatening I would just kick his butt out. But if he did try to physically harm any of my animals then I hope I can still get access to the Tortoise Forum app in jail.

Seriously... Finally someone said what I was thinking. If someone is a genuine threat to your animals, you don't stab them because they might do something. You just get them, or your animals out of there.

phebe121

You can tell a lot about people by how they treat animals.....that being said: my husband invited a new coworker over one time and we were all standing in the kitchen talking. One of my cats, who is super friendly rubbed up against this guys leg....then he shoved ( not kicked, I prob would have thought of stabbing him if he would have kicked...) my cat away with his foot and said I hate cats so I picked up my sink sprayer turned the water on and squirted him in the face. I told him I hate people. My husband just laughed :) he did not come back.

I would have to this is funny

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
That is ridiculous....I mean, she should screen people before she ever brings them into her home....she truly is the idiot here.....

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
You can tell a lot about people by how they treat animals.....that being said: my husband invited a new coworker over one time and we were all standing in the kitchen talking. One of my cats, who is super friendly rubbed up against this guys leg....then he shoved ( not kicked, I prob would have thought of stabbing him if he would have kicked...) my cat away with his foot and said I hate cats so I picked up my sink sprayer turned the water on and squirted him in the face. I told him I hate people. My husband just laughed :) he did not come back.

I had something similar...

I was at the horse barn with my dog who had just recently won his third national championship at bite work. He was in top shape. My girlfriend (wife now) and I were standing there, dog on leash at the heel with me, and this "friend" comes over to talk to my gf. Randomly at about two minutes into the conversation, of which I was not a participant, the lady looks at my dog and then me and says, "I don't like dogs.", with a little sneer. There was a pregnant pause while my wife-to-be and I glared at her, then simultaneous we both turn our backs to this idiot and walked away without a single word.

Its fine if you don't like dogs, but why blurt it out like that for no reason? I can understand not wanting the responsibility, hassles, messes and expenses of owning a dog. That makes sense to me. But disliking dogs in a general sense... That I don't understand. I got no time for a person like that.

That's the day I knew I'd marry her...

puffy137

I have the notion that most people in the west like dogs, but in many parts of the world dogs are seen as a danger , from rabies etc, which I can understand. Saluki ( arab word) are dogs the bedouin use for hunting. The dogs usually found roaming free in parts of the Middle East are a real danger . we lost 12 deer to a pack of dogs in the desert. a few years ago. They didn't even eat them , just dug under the fence & killed the poor creatures for sport.:mad:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I have the notion that most people in the west like dogs, but in many parts of the world dogs are seen as a danger , from rabies etc, which I can understand. Saluki ( arab word) are dogs the bedouin use for hunting. The dogs usually found roaming free in parts of the Middle East are a real danger . we lost 12 deer to a pack of dogs in the desert. a few years ago. They didn't even eat them , just dug under the fence & killed the poor creatures for sport.:mad:

Oh I had a GREAT time in Morocco with my dogs. Now that was an experience...