Wonderful weeds for our Greek!

Status
Not open for further replies.

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
I love Spring - there are so many different weeds and leaves I can harvest for my tortoises!

Shelton small.JPG

Here is a picture of our foster-Greek, Shelton, chowing down on a delicious (to him) and healthy mix of miner's lettuce, dead-nettle, dandelion leaves and flowers, thistle, and broad leaf plantain weed. I collected these in the non-sprayed wild field and under some trees near our house, as well as in my own garden.
Also on the menu this week: strawberry leaves, violet leaves and flowers, sedum, and fresh raspberry leaves, all from my garden.

What are YOU feeding your tortoise(s) this week? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Still feeding store bought greens and Mazuri. It's still really cold here:( Next week isn't looking too bad. Hopefully some warmth and sunshine will bring out some good things to eat:D

kirby2591

5 Year Member
Chicago is still too cold for nature to do its thing... good thing I started some spring mix seeds and forget-me-nots 2weeks ago indoors

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
Still snow on the ground here. I am ready to have both my torts and horses grazing... For now torts on grocery greens and horses on hay which I am sure both are ready for the good stuff!

colatoise

10 Year Member!
South Carolina
I can relate. I've been able to get Buddha outside for at least an hour everyday this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.