Wood Rabbit Hut safe for tort??

peridot

Location (City and/or State)
NC
I need some advice!! My baby is getting pretty big, so I ordered this hut for him on Amazon. It’s supposed to be for rabbits or Guinea pigs. It doesn’t say what type of wood it is. Should something like this be safe? I wasn’t sure if there were any types of woods that were toxic.

Attachments

• E4BBEC68-11D3-4FDF-8ACA-0EB9A89CC0D8.jpeg
    E4BBEC68-11D3-4FDF-8ACA-0EB9A89CC0D8.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 32

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
I see many people using that for torts.... can't comment on its toxicity

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I need some advice!! My baby is getting pretty big, so I ordered this hut for him on Amazon. It’s supposed to be for rabbits or Guinea pigs. It doesn’t say what type of wood it is. Should something like this be safe? I wasn’t sure if there were any types of woods that were toxic.
I use one of those big ones in my Hermann’s enclosure and haven’t had any issues. He sleeps in his cave every night. I also have a couple of the smaller version in his enclosure being used as a fence around his slate and another near his “cave” to provide a different surface to walk on. The ones I use are the Living World brand.D5CC34FF-71A2-4335-BFCA-9653FFBE4E00.jpeg

kaycov

5 Year Member
Lexington
How large a tortoise will that hide accommodate? Right now I have a half of a small dog crate and had to cut more of the door opening and the entire rear out because she is so big and can't turn around under it anymore. She uses it, but it's ugly and flimsy and she can push it all over the pen. The ad says the size is 21" across and 12" in width.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I use those with my tortoises. No problems.