Working on the sulcata enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I started on this enclosure last year and hadn't touched it since April a year ago.well I decided I had to finish it,Had plants growing in pots to get good root systems to help them survive a young sulcata walking around all day.Today I spent some time putting some of the plants in the ground.Here is a pic of where I'm at now. Still some more plants and setting up to do to complete it, but when it warms up he can go in and wander.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You've been pretty busy lately. How big is the sulcata that's going to live in there? I like the idea of the sunken habitat. Where did you put all the dirt?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
emysemys said:
You've been pretty busy lately. How big is the sulcata that's going to live in there? I like the idea of the sunken habitat. Where did you put all the dirt?

He is 5 1/2 inches, Even though it is below ground level the only time it flooded was last year when Tropical Storm Lee dumped over 20 inches of rain in 24 hours,and yesterday I found out why, (I was using post hole digger to set a pole for hanging baskets) I built it over one of the drain fields for the old septic system, sometimes you get lucky.The dirt is in piles in several places, one is still right next to the enclosure, will get it moved later

Status
Not open for further replies.