Worms and frogs migrating and dying?

Lizastarr

Location (City and/or State)
McAlester
So the past 2 days I have found a dozen or more big worms dead/dying in my back yard all heading in same direction...on the dirt/rock area of the yard. Also saw a live large frog hopping past my chickens, then a dead, dried up frog. First time seeing green frogs here!
Why the sudden migration and death? I Google it to no avail.

zovick

10 Year Member!
So the past 2 days I have found a dozen or more big worms dead/dying in my back yard all heading in same direction...on the dirt/rock area of the yard. Also saw a live large frog hopping past my chickens, then a dead, dried up frog. First time seeing green frogs here!
Why the sudden migration and death? I Google it to no avail.
Did you have a lot of rain in the recent past? Sometimes wet ground will motivate these critters to move around more than usual.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
If you noticed it, something is amiss....or, more likely it's just coincidence. LOL

That said, if it were me, I'd note the moon, phase, tides if you are close to water.....then keep an eye out. You never know.....I wonder if a lightning strike would cause the same effect? Hmmmm

jeff

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Did anyone in your area fertilize or spray for weeds or bugs? Ive only had a lot of dead worms after a torrential rainstorm. But dead worms & frog(s)…not a good sign.

Be careful if you have turtles or torts outside.