Would love some opinions on setting up a Winter Tortoise Shed

LRTortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Little Rock, Ar
I have a 10ft by 12 ft shed that I planon using for Redfoots at night in the winter. I have already insulated it between the studs and had power brought in by an electrician last year when I kept Marginateds in there in containers. I'd like to make the whole thing a tortoise shed for Redfoots now giving them the entire floor. There are only a few months where they will stay in it 24/7.

My plans are
Floor:
Putting in a rubber floor typically used for garages then cover the floor with Cypress Mulch. Their favorite to lay in. They have been laying eggs for the previous owner in this type of substrate indoors in the winter in the past.

Walls
The walls are my issue though. Right now they are studs with insulation between them.

Would you all suggest:
Plywood
Sheetrock
Thick Wall Panels
Peg Boards
or something else.

Obviously my issues are humidity and heat in there. I hang an oil radiator in there and it keeps it as warm as I want and I plan to use a humidifier in there. So my walls need to be able to stand up to humidity.

Does anyone have an enclosure like this? Any suggestions?

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I have osb on the walls of my red foots shed with no problems . I use a space heater on a thermostat I got from Grainger . I got a humidifier that comes on with the heater . A two lamp four foot uvb fixture . I lined the bottom with a good tarp . I mix hardwood mulch with cypress mulch . Then when the leaves fall in my yard I put them on top . I have to big water bowls and two food bowls . My lights plug into a time that plugs into a wall outlet . They have eggs in there no problem .