WOW- WEEE……REDFOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
cdmay said:
Neat little gems JD.
Question: Do you know the original origin of your hypo bloodline? Were the founder animals imported from Suriname or Venezuela? I seem to recall Joe Terry telling me that at least one of his wild caught hypos was from Venezuela.
A friend of mine has hatched a few hypos from his group of normal looking Suriname tortoises and they look very different from most hypo red-footed tortoises I've seen so far.

Carl thanks ….this one is very colorful indeed. With the Original first pair , I would agree with Venezuela or Suriname as local …but I’m not 100% sure. The second adult female trickled down from Joe years back - Hence the 2 different Adult Hypo Females….* Which explains and a great test subject for myself * of why even with the same hypo father the hatchlings look much different from each other in carapace coloring and scale coloring when produced by the two different females. This year I have acquired one of Joe’s Hypo Cherry Head group of 1.2 juniors , which included the Hypo male that is unrelated to any hypo in the US. This of course , another project down the road …as they need time to mature.
JD~

InvertaHerp said:
HE IS MINE!

that can be arranged....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.