Wow, what a find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
While checking out Petfinder for a RES for grandsons (I was skunked in immediate area) what did I find but two Bells. CB, 19 months old, wormed and vetted for adoption. I am taking a road trip this weekend. Setting up outside enclosure this week.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Lucky you! Take pictures!!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Reliable source? How far is your roadtrip.. sorry.. skeptical of such things these days.. wari...
if true.. AWSOME!!!!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
The torts are at a pet bird rescue north of Milwaukee, about a three and half to four hor drive. The person I spoke to seemed fairly knowledgeable and asked me the right questions. I apparently answered her's correctly too. I just have to ignore the birds (hard) lest I adopt one. I have to train the grandsons before I adopt a bird (a large parrot ) to replace my grey I lost in the fire.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You know Larry I could grow to dislike you. :D :D You have beaten me to two male redfoots and now these. :D :D Congrats!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Jacqui said:
You know Larry I could grow to dislike you. :D :D You have beaten me to two male redfoots and now these. :D :D Congrats!
Ya, but you've got ornates in your backyard.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
pebbles mom said:
North of Milwaukee where exactly? I should meet you ... say "HI" :D
Richfield. I'm coming up there next Saturday, have to work this Sat. Gives a week to get really setup for them.

pebbles mom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Sussex, WI
oh that is good ... they are out in the countryside :D That is not too far from me, about 20 min at most.

jpeck425

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Michigan
Itort said:
While checking out Petfinder for a RES for grandsons (I was skunked in immediate area) what did I find but two Bells. CB, 19 months old, wormed and vetted for adoption. I am taking a road trip this weekend. Setting up outside enclosure this week.

Very cool! I miss my old Bells. Craigslist is another place I've seen some interesting tortoises pop-up. I just saw a Forest Hingeback for rehoming, but it was on the other side of the state and I couldn't get there before Daytona. I look forward to any pics.

Be well
Jeff

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
That's the way to break-in your new found freedom. A cross country trip. I'm picking them up this Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.