WRESTLE MANIA TORT VS WORM

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Massachusetts
hey guys,
im not sure on to many diff types of torts..but i know there are a few if not a bunch of torts that should be eating some meat every once in a while.....welll...if you wanna see your tort have a wrestle mania and move faster than you can imagine...then put some live worms in front of your tort..i promise you wont see any thing funnier..my tort lights up like a light bulb at the sight of some wiggly worms in her water bowl...ima get it on video next time for you guys!!

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
Mines hilarious, too. She loves a good hunt. Never knew a tort could "pounce".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
Wow, I had no idea worms were okay for tortoises. I always had Eastern box turtles growing up and would hand feed them goldfish and let them hunt their own worms - it's fascinating to watch! So I have a Russian and a Leopard - would it be okay for them to have an occasional worm?

Beck

10 Year Member!
Lakeland/Central FL
Re: RE: WRESTLE MANIA TORT VS WORM

gieseygirly said:
Wow, I had no idea worms were okay for tortoises. I always had Eastern box turtles growing up and would hand feed them goldfish and let them hunt their own worms - it's fascinating to watch! So I have a Russian and a Leopard - would it be okay for them to have an occasional worm?

I'd check your caresheets for those two, but I'd bet their protein needs to be of a plant nature.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
It should be fine for any species of tortoise to consume worms as part of a varied diet.

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
ye.. i would say that its probably safe to feed worms to any tort every once in a while...im pretty sure every spec of tort an turtle would eat a worm or snail every now and then in the wild..my tort just flips out over them...she literally runs out of her house when i put them on her feeding rock..its hilarious!!

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
Well then......I'm excited to give my torts the opportunity! I'll keep it limited to 1-2 worms a month, considering the protein.

IBeenEasy

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
EP429 said:
I feed my redfoots snails out of the yard all the time, they love them :)

snail with the shells? i have these snails all over were i live and they have these diff color shells..does your torts eat the shells to??

Status
Not open for further replies.