Wrinkles on my turtles shell

Aira

Location (City and/or State)
India
IMG_20220427_143849.jpgplease help, this wrinkles have increased slowly a bit, initially i thought it's because of simple ageing or keeping his head out for long in upward direction but now it's concerning me

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome, do you have some kind of heating or light source that might be to close to his shell? Is the shell soft?

Aira

India
O
It's a soft shell turtle and dry, get it into water and it will be fine.
Ok, but whenever we put him in water he start paddling fast so unsure of what to do we just take him out. How much time we should keep him in their ? He never sleeps when he is in water.

methos75

10 Year Member!
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
O

Ok, but whenever we put him in water he start paddling fast so unsure of what to do we just take him out. How much time we should keep him in their ? He never sleeps when he is in water.
He is an aquatic turtle, he should always been in water. This is a deep river species. They cannot even eat unless in water so the longer you do not keep him correctly the closer to death he gets.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When you put him in water he says to himself, "Ah! At last!! Now I must swim fast to escape this awful place that has no water for me!"

If you don't have a pond for tis water turtle, then he needs a large aquarium full of water to live in.

Softshell turtles need clean water with a sandy bottom. Please do a search on the 'net for "softshell turtle care sheet. "

Aira

India
When you put him in water he says to himself, "Ah! At last!! Now I must swim fast to escape this awful place that has no water for me!"

If you don't have a pond for tis water turtle, then he needs a large aquarium full of water to live in.

Softshell turtles need clean water with a sandy bottom. Please do a search on the 'net for "softshell turtle care sheet. "
Thank you i will take care of this

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
What Y is telling you is correct....

A friend of mine had one for years in a massive 100 gallon tank with sand on the bottom.....EVERY time I or anyone approached him, he dove off his barge....and when he dove, he dove like his life depended on it and he "clouded" the tank, each time, ever time! It was kinda sad to see him so scared but he was never really threatened, we would just walk by but they are such cool looking turtles!

Yours will be fine.....now that you know what to do....there are great care sheets here but if you have any questions, ask the author of the sheet you are reading or any Admin/mod...they are a large chunk of the resident talent here, not just the spam police~ LOL

good luck,

jeff