Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Do you buy presents for your animals.
I buy for all of mine, fish, bird,lizard, special treat food. My cat and dog get treats and toys. This year new to the bunch is Tatum my tort. He will get special food for a treat.
What animals do you buy presents for?

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Only for the dogs, and they have to open them themselves...it's a riot!....always ads a bunch of laughs to our Christmas gift giving.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
wouldnt think of not getting them something, bully getting a x-mas bath and a bone. diesel got a toy mouse, tortoises a new hide. HO HO HO.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
My biggest turtles got a new powersun bulb for their basking, my smaller turtles got a larger turtle dock and a new reptisun uvb, and my Sully got a few more inchs of coir cause he just loves to dig

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Emrys will get Christmas and birthday presents. I had to weigh up if I wanted to celebrate his birthday or the day I got him - two celebrations seemed a bit much.

For Christmas, he's getting a new hide from me, and my fiance bought him a ball.

Katherine

5 Year Member
Wow I'm a bad mom : ( I travel for the holidays and give my animals the gift of abandonment : ((( I have one small dog who travels with me but the other two dogs, bunnies, all the torts, snake, and chickens stay at home completely presentless. I always buy them things I think they will enjoy or that they need as the need/opportunity arrises so I am not even sure what I would get them for the holidays? I suddenly feel quite guilty.

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
katherine said:
Wow I'm a bad mom : ( I travel for the holidays and give my animals the gift of abandonment : ((( I have one small dog who travels with me but the other two dogs, bunnies, all the torts, snake, and chickens stay at home completely presentless. I always buy them things I think they will enjoy or that they need as the need/opportunity arrises so I am not even sure what I would get them for the holidays? I suddenly feel quite guilty.

That would be a very expensive Christmas if you DID buy for them all in one go. Much easier when you only have one pet. :p

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Dont feel bad, when it comes to my turtles their uvb needs replaced in Dec no matter what so I just count that as their christmas gift

katherine said:

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
This year our lab, GSD, two cats and fish -- turtle and tort will get treats. What is a good safe treat for a tortoise?

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
Both mine have special food, on xmas and get,
Balls, stuff for there home, pellets, etc.. :)
(tortoises)

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Dogs get bones of appropriate size.
Cats get catnip toys.
Canaries, torts, Bourkes, chickens, bunnies, cavies and capies all get treats.
Goats, llama, longhorn get new collars.
Mule gets a new saddle.

SailingMystic said:
This year our lab, GSD, two cats and fish -- turtle and tort will get treats. What is a good safe treat for a tortoise?

Mine each will get a fat strawberry.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I try to get each animal some kind of special and different/unique gift, usually it is food. Of course, this year the cats have been pretty big brats, so maybe no gifts for them.... (had to write that because one of those vultures... ummm cats, is hanging over my shoulder as I write this...) :D

L484TAE

5 Year Member
I bought my tortoise today, christmas is too close. If I see something it'd like, or think of something I can pick up while in the shops I will. Now its only a few days I can't go searching for one when I haven't done christmas shopping for my family yet :S

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
SailingMystic said:

Mine is getting a piece of prickly pear fruit:D

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Well back in the day my dogs got awesome natural bones. Well one dog has really bad food aggression issues and ruined it for all 3. So now I buy one bone for our friends dog. My RF will get a Viv makeover after the 1st of the year. Plus my friend is bring him a cactus pad for me to plant.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
There is no way. I have 40 chelonians, probably 200 fish, close to 30 birds, snakes, lizards, 7 cats, a hedgehog, a dog... I sometimes get toy mice for the cats, and a bone for the dog (they are getting those gifts this year) but usually, their Christmas gift is my love, attention, and excellent care year round :D

Status
Not open for further replies.