Yay!! Starting new enclosure!

Wolfpackin

Location (City and/or State)
Colorado
Awesome enclosure, nice job.

Could you please list the plants you have growing for inside the enclosure.

Turningstar

Florida
The two in back are calatheia, and I believe the hanging one on the right is golden pothos, but I lost the info sticker. They are low light plants.
On top I have a bromeliad on the right and a landscape aloe on the left, which are edible, bit are full sun. I need to plant them.
All of the above mentioned are tort safe.

Turningstar

Florida
I seem to be finding conflicting answers for pothos, so Im going to be safe and trim it so they cant eat it. Ill find something to replace it with eventually

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
Truly an incredible build and inspiring. Great job, and bless your lil angels. We welcomed our baby boy inyo our lives. My 2nd boy, wifes first.

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
That's awesome! Great job! If possible, can you provide the materials and average cost of the items? My baby leopard tortoise Lerato is only about 3.5 inches long, but would definitely need an upgrade in 6-12 months and I'd figure I can start it now. Thanks in advance!

Turningstar

Florida
That's awesome! Great job! If possible, can you provide the materials and average cost of the items? My baby leopard tortoise Lerato is only about 3.5 inches long, but would definitely need an upgrade in 6-12 months and I'd figure I can start it now. Thanks in advance!
Sorry, its been hectic here and I forgot to reply!
I used furring strips and thin plywood sheets for most of it. There is also styrofoam insulation in between the walls and floor ( its double walled, floored and double ceiling with insulation). Stick on laminate tiles for the floor, and I sealed it with Kennel Seal from Home Depot. Porch and patio paint for the outside. The base is 2x4s and legs from Lowes. Plexiglass doors were pricy, and are a pain to open with all the humidity, so if you can, maybe do something else for doors.
Ill have to get the receipts out, but I imagine theres close to $700 in it, and quite a bit of time.

T Smart

5 Year Member
Chicago, IL
Man, wish I could build something like this. Looks amazing!