yellow bumps pcr test results are back

mastershake

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
this is in fact a type of Austwickia chelonae. as of now in talking to a few places who have dealt with this before including uf there really is not a definite cure. im waiting for them to get back to me with the rest of the info and i will update this soon. note this can affect other torts, turtles and reptiles including lizards. and its not something nice at all. this is a quick post because there are a lot of people to notify.

mastershake

Florida
we have confirmed also today the torts we sent in did NOT have crypto that was also tested for. there may also be an underlying fungus sitting along with the bacteria those results should be back end of the week. as i said we tried to check for everything they could.

mastershake

Florida
i had thought i posted this here but for some reason i must have forgot to here is a necropsy report so you can see how invasive and bad this can be. note the "happy hides" watermarks, we are happy hides rescue and we did watermark this because we have tons of time and money involved and are working on a study of all this. just wanted to clarify that. if you have questions please do ask i will do the best i can to answer. this is just one of the necropsies, we have multiple. basically if they have had those bumps then they came back positive. it all depends on how deeply seeded internally it is that seems to determine the visible symptoms some of which you can not ever see.

Attachments

• PATHOLOGY_REPORT_HAPPYHIDES_page1.jpg
    PATHOLOGY_REPORT_HAPPYHIDES_page1.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 16
  • PATHOLOGY_REPORT_HAPPYHIDES_page2.jpg
    PATHOLOGY_REPORT_HAPPYHIDES_page2.jpg
    469.5 KB · Views: 14
  • PATHOLOGY_REPORT_HAPPYHIDES_page3.jpg
    PATHOLOGY_REPORT_HAPPYHIDES_page3.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 13

mastershake

Florida
in testing there is NO one antibiotic that was able to fully treat this. im told it could take a combo of 3-4 and even then its only a chance and prob will not fully "cure" this. sometimes in treatment it gets better symptom wise but will recur in weeks or months. none of the treated animals are alive still and the longest one we had alive before it came back and got a lot worse again was around 12-13 months.

Yossarian

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Wales
You have posted this before but it was on another thread, I don’t recall where tbh.

Handy to have it here.

TortoiseSupply.com