Yellow colombian

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfield

5 Year Member
Picked this lil guy/gal a couple weeks ago. Adjusting really well and seems to get more beautiful with every humid day!

Attachments

• image-2539267953.png
    image-2539267953.png
    937.7 KB · Views: 61

austinSOLO

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
washington state
he looks nice! im curious though, do red and yellow foots shells tend to be more bumpy? because i see that a lot

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
austinSOLO said:
he looks nice! im curious though, do red and yellow foots shells tend to be more bumpy? because i see that a lot

In the wild they are very smooth. When raised in captivity they sometimes dont get the proper humidity, moisture, diet, excercise, sun , hydration so they are more bumpy or have big growth lines. You can do as much as possible to meet the requirements and they will come out smooth

starfield said:
Picked this lil guy/gal a couple weeks ago. Adjusting really well and seems to get more beautiful with every humid day!

Nice looking tort. I like the yellow heads. check this guy out that I hatched

starfield

5 Year Member
bigred said:
austinSOLO said:

In the wild they are very smooth. When raised in captivity they sometimes dont get the proper humidity, moisture, diet, excercise, sun , hydration so they are more bumpy or have big growth lines. You can do as much as possible to meet the requirements and they will come out smooth

starfield said:

Nice looking tort. I like the yellow heads. check this guy out that I hatched

wow! Look at those carapace patterns! Just wild! Thanks for sharing!

starfield

5 Year Member
Here are a few shots of both of my yellow colombians...i will post another thread to see if any of you experts can help determine the sexes. :Dcolombianfront.jpgcolombianssexing.jpgcolombiantop.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
The tails are indicating female but the ventral scutes are indicating male and female. So still a guess but hope for a pair.

starfield

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
The tails are indicating female but the ventral scutes are indicating male and female. So still a guess but hope for a pair.
Thanks! That was exactly my guess! Other opinions, upporting or otherwise? I know Im wayyyy early age and sizewise, I just cant help it! Hoping for a pair!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Hey sometimes I've been dead on even with 3" redfoots. But only nature can know. It's only a matter of time before they're much bigger. Should hit a good growth spurt in 6" range, and really be able to tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.