Yellow-Footed Tortoise needs a new home

TinyTim

5 Year Member
We purchased tiny tim from petsmart for our daughter's birthday in july 2008. We were told it was a 2 year old male red-footed tortoise, but after looking at the information on the internet, Tiny Tim looks a lot more like a yellow tortoise (see photos). Our family have had a lot of fun with him over the years, but now that our daughter is going off to college, Tiny Tim needs a new home where he will be taken care of and where he can spend more time outside. Tiny Tim is a very curious and intelligent tortoise that loves cherry tomatoes, fresh lettuce and ripe strawberries. His shell measures 13x9 and weights approximately 7 lbs. He is a bit shy when first meeting people, but once you get him out of his shell (pun intended), he's really friendly.

Please let us know if you have any questions about Tiny Tim and if you are interested in adopting him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:

TinyTim

5 Year Member
We purchased Tiny Tim from Petsmart for our daughter's birthday in july 2008. We were told it was a 2 year old male red-footed tortoise, but after looking at the information on the internet, Tiny Tim looks a lot more like a yellow tortoise (see photo). Our family have had a lot of fun with him over the years, but now that our daughter is going off to college, Tiny Tim needs a new home where he will be taken care of and where he can spend more time outside. Tiny Tim is a very curious and intelligent tortoise that loves cherry tomatoes, fresh lettuce and ripe strawberries. He measures 13x9 and weights approximately 7 lbs. He is a bit shy when first meeting people, but once you get him out of his shell (pun intended), he's really friendly.

Please let us know if you have any questions about Tiny Tim and if you are interested in adopting him. image.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
That's a red footed tortoise . It just has yellow markings . Where are you in this big ole world . I loves me some red footed tortoises .

TinyTim

5 Year Member
That's a red footed tortoise . It just has yellow markings . Where are you in this big ole world . I loves me some red footed tortoises .
Really? We live in Chicago and, as stated above, we would be willing to work with you on relocation cost.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes totally a red footed tortoise . I can't take anymore right now but tortdad is an awesome keeper .

TinyTim

5 Year Member
Where do you and Tim live ?
Hi Mike... We are in Chicago and would be willing to work on the cost of relocation... Please pass word along to anyone who might be interested... Tiny Tim is a gem for any tortoise-loving individual/family.

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
I'm looking for more Redfoots but I'm looking for yearling torts. If someone else has a yearling and would rather have an older one we could swap

TinyTim

5 Year Member
I have family in Houston so I don't mind flying Tiny Tim down there. Pet as carry-on costs roughly $150.... Would you like to split the cost?

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
I have family in Houston so I don't mind flying Tiny Tim down there. Pet as carry-on costs roughly $150.... Would you like to split the cost?
You should be able to overnight him from fedex for about $60