YF eggs incubating

eec0354

5 Year Member
Hi all,

I have six YF tortoise eggs in an incubator at the moment. The temp is kept at around 85 degrees. I am on day 177 today. No hatching activity, but all eggs are still looking good. There's no smell and they appeared to have developed normally when I would candle them. Has anyone else hatched out YF tortoises? I would like to hear your experiences hatching these guys out and would love any tips.

Thanks!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Hi all,

I have six YF tortoise eggs in an incubator at the moment. The temp is kept at around 85 degrees. I am on day 177 today. No hatching activity, but all eggs are still looking good. There's no smell and they appeared to have developed normally when I would candle them. Has anyone else hatched out YF tortoises? I would like to hear your experiences hatching these guys out and would love any tips.

Thanks!
I'm not sure about YF's but I would assume they're the same as RF's for incubation time. 177 days is a pretty long time. Redfoot eggs usually hatch at 120-150 days. One of mine hatched at 162 days and I was told by a few people that is the longest they'd ever heard of. Hopefully yours are still good. Keep us posted.

eec0354

5 Year Member
I'm not sure about YF's but I would assume they're the same as RF's for incubation time. 177 days is a pretty long time. Redfoot eggs usually hatch at 120-150 days. One of mine hatched at 162 days and I was told by a few people that is the longest they'd ever heard of. Hopefully yours are still good. Keep us posted.

Yeah, that's why I am a bit concerned. It does seem like a long time. I hope they are doing okay. Is there anything I can do other than just wait?