You can't see me!!

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Sgt Schultz......I know nothing!

Funny....she was still holed up there last night at 6pm when I showed her the piece of steak I was putting in for her.

As soon as I sat down again, she went running for it!

She's a trip!

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I'm not college educated but it doesn't take a PhD to know that turtles, for as much as love 'em, just aren't really the brightest of Beasts.......Matilda is no exception IMHO. She's extra special because she's my buddy, but that's it.

I think she's caught on to the fact that dinner awaits her underground and is now refining her hunting strategies. She hasn't changed her method of operation from "butt my face in the dirt & dig", she's just digging deeper!

I do realize that she can't become a "dirt turtle" no matter how easily she adapts....I ordered two flavors of orchid bark....small and large...but I need more....then we'll see if the worms will survive in it. It would make my life easier.....I went through this before with her & bedding and never arrived at a solution, long term. Okay, I said she wasn't bright, I didn't say she was stupid! LOL

wait a sec.....

.... if I switch paradigms, maybe I'M the one with the issue here? Isn't there some saying about doing the same thing, expecting a different result and all that? LOL

20221213_034603.jpg