You people are a bad influence.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati, OH
I was perfectly happy with just having a leopard tortoise. But no. I had to come here and see all the Sully posts, pics and vids and realize that I just had to have one to add to the family. So thanks to all of you, I am now the proud keeper of a 10 month sully. It seems healthy and is active and eating well. Had it out in the yard grazing for a few hours yesterday. Readily eating up the grasses and clover. It has some slight pyramiding due to not being kept in a humid enclosed environment, but not bad at this point. Will be soaking daily and got the humidity up to around 90+%. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, you folks are the absolute worst. lol. Pics are soon to come, but just wanted to stop by to extend my appreciation. :)

Destben

Kansas
I was perfectly happy with just having a leopard tortoise. But no. I had to come here and see all the Sully posts, pics and vids and realize that I just had to have one to add to the family. So thanks to all of you, I am now the proud keeper of a 10 month sully. It seems healthy and is active and eating well. Had it out in the yard grazing for a few hours yesterday. Readily eating up the grasses and clover. It has some slight pyramiding due to not being kept in a humid enclosed environment, but not bad at this point. Will be soaking daily and got the humidity up to around 90+%. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, you folks are the absolute worst. lol. Pics are soon to come, but just wanted to stop by to extend my appreciation. :)
I know right I was happy with my Loepard tortoise (also 10 months) now I have a Russian tort and am getting tort fever again. Gosh save me I'm going to a reptile expo next weekend lol.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
I would love to have a sully, and a friend wants me to take hers.
However, there are a bunch of reasons I MUST stay in control of myself!
1. My husband says "no".
2. Building a sully-proof enclosure.
3. My husband says "no".
4. He'd eat me out of house and home.
5. My husband says "no".
6. He's too big to pick up.
7. My husband says "no".
8. He would dig huge burrows.
9. My husband says "no". and
10. My husband says "no way! You have enough to take care of!"

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
1. My husband says "no".
3. My husband says "no".
5. My husband says "no".
7. My husband says "no".

My wife said the same things with my Leopards , something with my Greeks , same thing with my Russians , with my Herrmans, with my Marginals , with my pancakes , with my Egyptians,and my AZ desert torts . Now she says nothing and I haven’t got anymore torts !

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Here's a couple quick shots of the youngin. Weighs in at 78g, 2 11/16 “ SCL. As I said, there is some slight pyramiding there which I hope is evident in the pic angles. Have it in a temporary 3x4 nursery with 100w UVB on a timer, CHE on a thermostat, and a ReptiFogger (Gets quite dry in my basement). I also have a UVB florescent bulb towards the rear of the enclosure. Humid hide, terracotta food and water dish, orchid moss substrate, and live weeds / grass for grazing. Primarily feeding a mix of grass clippings, dandelion leaves, and clover (light on the dandelion and clover). Temperatures are 97/83 in the daytime. CHE is set for 80 at night. I plan on building a larger enclosure when the weather starts getting cooler. I need something to do indoors! Been too nice out lately.
20180625_182241.jpg 20180625_182304.jpg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
My wife said the same things with my Leopards , something with my Greeks , same thing with my Russians , with my Herrmans, with my Marginals , with my pancakes , with my Egyptians,and my AZ desert torts . Now she says nothing and I haven’t got anymore torts !
[emoji23]

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Here's a couple quick shots of the youngin. Weighs in at 78g, 2 11/16 “ SCL. As I said, there is some slight pyramiding there which I hope is evident in the pic angles. Have it in a temporary 3x4 nursery with 100w UVB on a timer, CHE on a thermostat, and a ReptiFogger (Gets quite dry in my basement). I also have a UVB florescent bulb towards the rear of the enclosure. Humid hide, terracotta food and water dish, orchid moss substrate, and live weeds / grass for grazing. Primarily feeding a mix of grass clippings, dandelion leaves, and clover (light on the dandelion and clover). Temperatures are 97/83 in the daytime. CHE is set for 80 at night. I plan on building a larger enclosure when the weather starts getting cooler. I need something to do indoors! Been too nice out lately.
View attachment 243134 View attachment 243135
Congrats! ! ! !

You have a cutie......I'm not sorry that we provided bad influence.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
1. My husband says "no".
3. My husband says "no".
5. My husband says "no".
7. My husband says "no".
See, the husband says no is when I only see husband says yes or his life won't be so great lol.
The second half of 10 though is one to take seriously. If one gets too busy that the care slacks off that's when it becomes hoarding and animal neglect.