Young Burmese Star females comparison shot

KenS

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Female group  pic 4 wet.jpgThese are some of our up and coming females. The Biggest, (Black/thin Lines) is a CBB 2006 female at about 10 1/2 inches and a little over 3000 grams. She just started laying her first clutches back in September and her second last week. No far her 1st clutch are all fertile and we will see on her 2nd. (in diapause, cooloing) . I just love how different they can be!!

Attachments

• Female group  pic 2 dry.jpg
    Female group pic 2 dry.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 251
Last edited by a moderator:

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Ken, I love the thin line high black girl!!!!
Do all the Burmese have that absolutely symetrical pattern, whether thick or thin?
Can you tell as hatchlings whether her babies will look like her?

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
Best Burm female.jpgFemale 3.JPGMale 3a 170.JPGAnn,
All Burmese for the most part have the same pattern. They are different fom each other in some having thick wide stripes with alot of fanning of color usually towards their rear scutes as well as on their sides. Some have a deep Black background color and others have a very light tan/brown backround color. Some baby burmese will look like high yellow ones as babies and as they grow they become thin lined animals.I have seen the same with babies with average looking color as a hatchling that turned out REALLY nice wide stripped animals. You really need to see the parents and also ask the breeder if they have grown up alot of his/her own stock to see how they could turn out.

Ken

Weldd

10 Year Member!
The fanning on those two females is unbelievable. When the yellow fills out on those they will be SPECTACULAR!!!

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
Stunning Ken, simply stunning!!! The nicest I have seen!!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Every one of those are gorgeous. Love them all.

Benjamin

5 Year Member
zone 7b
Great tortoises, that female looks very similar to radiate.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
KenS said:
Ann,
All Burmese for the most part have the same pattern. They are different fom each other in some having thick wide stripes with alot of fanning of color usually towards their rear scutes as well as on their sides. Some have a deep Black background color and others have a very light tan/brown backround color. Some baby burmese will look like high yellow ones as babies and as they grow they become thin lined animals.I have seen the same with babies with average looking color as a hatchling that turned out REALLY nice wide stripped animals. You really need to see the parents and also ask the breeder if they have grown up alot of his/her own stock to see how they could turn out.

Ken

Excellent documentation. I've been doing a lot of reading on Stars, Spiders, even Leopards and their patterns and even a bit of genetics.
Can you post pix of the parents?

And, on a silly note, what DO you call the parents? In felines it's "Tom and Queen", in dogs "Dog and (b-word)". Is there proper terminology for tortoises? [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
Thank you ALL for the kind words!! I am just a "LITTLE" crazy with my Burmese star group as well as our Indian Stars! They truly are my passion!! I just wish I had even MORE room so I could keep a whole bunch more. Soon it will happen!!!! Here are a few pics of some of our baby Burmese stars and some Indian stars from this past season. 2013 Clutches 3 4 and 5.JPGCBB 2013 Indian stars 1st group.JPGPick KS 2013 Male  c.JPG

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hmm... Some of those look so familiar. I feel like I've seen them before...

KenS

10 Year Member!
New York
Tom said:
Hmm... Some of those look so familiar. I feel like I've seen them before...

Just look at your house!! I think some might have taken the bus all the way to Cali!!! LOL!!!!!

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Re: RE: Young Burmese Star females comparison shot

diamondbp said:
Your tortoises are therapy to the soul

That says it all!

I'll take the two in the first picture! Let me go sell my car and get back to you about payment. LOL

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Those are very high poison stuff. I think I am very sick. I need those star to cure me.

TortoiseWorld

5 Year Member
Lisle Illinois
There is something different about the Burmese star tortoises that sets them apart, their almost Angelic?

Those wide fanning stripes look like flowers.

Burmese stars are like walking flower baskets :)

Nice stars Ken, thanks for posting, do you have any close up pics of the adults heads faces legs?

Thanks and happy holidays.

Pat