Young Hermanns in need of good home (WA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeggieMom

5 Year Member
I am very sad to say I have to find a new home for my Hermanns tortoise. I am going through a divorce, and am currently struggling to find a place to live for myself and young daughter. I was kicked out of my home and obviously had to leave all my animals behind. It is of the upmost importance that I find a good home as quickly as possible, as my ex-husband is only willing to care for him for a short amount of time. My Hermanns is still young (I don't know the exact age, but he isn't full grown and we've had him a year now), and in good health. I haven't had any problems with his eating habits or anything else. He has been a joy to own, and has a fairly friendly demeanor as far as tortoises go. I live near Seattle, Washington and would love to find someone close who has experience and would give him the loving home he deserves for the remainder of his long life. Please feel free to ask any questions, and I will do my best to answer them completely and promptly.

Jennifer Brewer

I am very sad to say I have to find a new home for my Hermanns tortoise. I am going through a divorce, and am currently struggling to find a place to live for myself and young daughter. I was kicked out of my home and obviously had to leave all my animals behind. It is of the upmost importance that I find a good home as quickly as possible, as my ex-husband is only willing to care for him for a short amount of time. My Hermanns is still young (I don't know the exact age, but he isn't full grown and we've had him a year now), and in good health. I haven't had any problems with his eating habits or anything else. He has been a joy to own, and has a fairly friendly demeanor as far as tortoises go. I live near Seattle, Washington and would love to find someone close who has experience and would give him the loving home he deserves for the remainder of his long life. Please feel free to ask any questions, and I will do my best to answer them completely and promptly.
I am so sorry to hear about your situation. If you are willing to ship to Louisiana, I would love to add him in with my other two hermmans. If you are interested, PM. If you do not want to ship, you could give him to Northwest Tortoise rescue. I am adopting a redfoot from her. It looks like it is about 3 hours away. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Please contact @lvstorts She operates a turtle and tortoise Rescue in Washington, plus she's a member here. Your tortoise would be in good hands.

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
Thank you Yvonne and Jennifer for the vote of confidence!

I'm happy to help in anyway possible. Please take a look at my website www.NorthwestTortoise.com and my Facebook to get an idea who and I am and if you'd be comfortable with me. I'm in the Tri-Cities and would be happy to meet you half way or figure out something that works for both of us.

Best way to contact me is the email contact on my website.

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I would be interested in your little tortoise. I currently own a Russian tortoise and a box turtle. I of course keep them in separate enclosures. I have space indoors and outdoors depending on the weather. you can PM me if you are interested. I am located in Walla Walla Washington.

Texas Tortoise

Hello, we just joined the Tortoise Forum because we would like to adopt a Hermanns or Leopard Tortoise. My daughter and I have been reading about tortoises for a few years and we are finally ready to find one to join our home (she picked the 2 types she would like). If your tortoise still needs a home & you are willing to ship please let us know. We are in Austin Texas where the temperature is good for Hermanns and we plan to have both an indoor and an outdoor enclosure. Thanks

Jared121599

Hey I was just wondering if the tortoise(s) are still available. I am located in Boerne Tx and have experience with tortoises. I am sorry to here about what is going on in you life. If it isn't to much trouble I was wondering if you have any pictures. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.