Young Sulcata for adoption in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasha bason

Sulcata for adoption in south Texas Local only. Experienced tortoise owners only. I need to see that he/she is going to a good home. Someone that has plenty of time for him/her.. Estimated 2 years old.

Miggymeister

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Sulcata for adoption in south Texas Local only. Experienced tortoise owners only. I need to see that he/she is going to a good home. Someone that has plenty of time for him/her.. Estimated 2 years old.
Dear Tasha, I recently lost my 5 year old female Sulcata sue to her development of anemia. She was the happiest and most gentle creature in the world and although I know she's in Heaven I can't stop crying. We did everything together. She even slept next to my heart under the down comforter at night. When I woke up and pulled back the covers there she was looking eye-to-eye at me, ready to start her day. I studied for years on everything I could get my hands on to see that I was feeding her properly, etc. I worked at a major pet chain and every week we would host an event where the local children were welcome to come in and feed and bathe her. I think where I went wrong in her diet was a lack of iron but any fresh vegetable I could find with a high iron content, she wouldn't touch.

Otherwise, we shared such close bond. She knew her colors and I taught her sign language. And she delighted in her afternoons in the sun and her nightly soaks. It was all so sudden.

If you can't find another person interested that you feel would be better for your little Tort ( I truly want the best for her) could you contact me? I live in Oklahoma.

Most sincerely, Lynne.

PS. After bloodwork the vet has no answers except that she developed anemia after 5 years. I miss her so.

L Strick

Dear Tasha, I recently lost my 5 year old female Sulcata sue to her development of anemia. She was the happiest and most gentle creature in the world and although I know she's in Heaven I can't stop crying. We did everything together. She even slept next to my heart under the down comforter at night. When I woke up and pulled back the covers there she was looking eye-to-eye at me, ready to start her day. I studied for years on everything I could get my hands on to see that I was feeding her properly, etc. I worked at a major pet chain and every week we would host an event where the local children were welcome to come in and feed and bathe her. I think where I went wrong in her diet was a lack of iron but any fresh vegetable I could find with a high iron content, she wouldn't touch.

Otherwise, we shared such close bond. She knew her colors and I taught her sign language. And she delighted in her afternoons in the sun and her nightly soaks. It was all so sudden.

If you can't find another person interested that you feel would be better for your little Tort ( I truly want the best for her) could you contact me? I live in Oklahoma.

Most sincerely, Lynne.

PS. After bloodwork the vet has no answers except that she developed anemia after 5 years. I miss her so.
Lynne,
Are you still looking for a Sulcata tortoise? I have a 25 pound one in Missouri I want to rehome. If interested, please email to [email protected].
Thanks!
Linda

escurnow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Texas
Hi! I'm in the San Antonio area. We have a farm and lots of acreage. We have several young sulcata's. If you need a home for your baby just send me a text. 210-286-8999. Thanks.

Miggymeister

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Did you find a home for her yet? I have several vets/vet techs interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.