young sulcatas

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I've taken in two young sulcatas. They're both about 3 years old. When compared side-by-side, it looks like one male and one female, however, they're still too young to be sure about it. The one that looks male:

2015 Rescue #34 a.jpg 2015 Rescue #34 b.jpg

Pay attention to his tail and compare it with the next tortoise:

2015 Rescue #43 a.jpg 2015 Rescue #43 b.jpg
2015 Rescue #43 c.jpg

If you live in the Fresno/Clovis area this would be a no-fee adoption. I only need to come over and look at the yard you're going to keep the tortoise in so I can feel comfortable in my own mind that the tortoise is going to a safe place.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Beautiful animal.

Best wishes for them.

Matt Lopez

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South San Antonio , TX Area
I know I am a new member to tortoise forum, but I have plenty of room and means to give these a great home. I can send pics of my property where I would place them; and a vacant insulated hide (dims 4' x 4 ') I do however live in the south San Antonio TX area so they would have to be shipped. I would be more than willing to pay any fees involved. Thanks for your time!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I took in two more sulcatas today. The owner named them Tom and Jeri and she thought they were male and female. But I think they're both male.

2015 Rescue #45 & 46 a.jpg 2015 Rescue #45 & 46 b.jpg 2015 Rescue #45 & 46 c.jpg 2015 Rescue #45 & 46 d.jpg

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Two more????

WOW ! ! ! ! How many in total of Sulcata you have beside the one your own? 3 or 4??

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
And Hello Misty! ! ! !

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Two more????

WOW ! ! ! ! How many in total of Sulcata you have beside the one your own? 3 or 4??

I've taken in 4 total this year, but I've found a home for one of them, so including Dudley, I have 4.

I got a call from a gal who lives in the foothills east of my town and she wants to bring me her desert tortoise and her gopher tortoise. I've never seen a gopher tortoise in real life. This will be a treat for me. But I won't count my chickens until the bird's in the bush!

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
I've taken in 4 total this year, but I've found a home for one of them, so including Dudley, I have 4.

I got a call from a gal who lives in the foothills east of my town and she wants to bring me her desert tortoise and her gopher tortoise. I've never seen a gopher tortoise in real life. This will be a treat for me. But I won't count my chickens until the bird's in the bush!

Gopher tortoise.....Picture, Picture, Picture.......Of cause, count your chickens until the bird's in the bush.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington

That's great Yvonne I hope she does bring those tortoises. Aren't you mixing two metaphors? :)

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA

Just wondering...............Did she bring you the gopher tortoise yet??

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
What we can do is keep-on waiting I guess! ! ! !

GotTurtles

10 Year Member!
Fresno, Ca
Have you been waiting long? I told her about you a few weeks ago. Is she taking the box turtle to you too?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Have you been waiting long? I told her about you a few weeks ago. Is she taking the box turtle to you too?

At this time she is thinking about keeping the box turtle. She called me last week and I haven't heard from her since.