Young Yellow Bellied Sliders: Shell Shedding?

JohniCc

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus, Limassol
Oh, that's ok. I'm actually going to use it as a basking lamp.
I took your advice relaiting the vitamin D powder so I bought the Reptix Mineral from Hobby.
It includes "essential calcium, phosphorus, vitamin D3, water-soluble vitamins, and trace elements.".
But I have a problem on how to use it, my local pet shop owner explained that i would first need to put some powder on the food, then pour some water on it so that the powder sticks to the food.
I forgot to ask for how long should I use this though. Plus, my problem is that the powder doesn't stick to the food and if some powder sticks to it, when i put it in the tank for my turtles to eat, the powder unsticks from the food and it disolves in the water of the tank. I'm I doing something wrong?
Here's the powdered mineral.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
I actually put powder about 3 times a week mixed onto their normal turtle food and lettuces/vegetables. Yeah your gonna have trouble getting the powder to stay on. I look online constantly to try to find better ways. What I do with turtle food is I put some of the powder in a plastic baggy with the food and mix it up and then give that to the turtles and they end up eating it pretty fast so I know they get the powder vitamins. For lettuce vegetables I kinda just douse those and the powder stays on for awhile while it floats around Lol.

JohniCc

Cyprus, Limassol
Thanks for the tip! I just fed them with your way, thank god they ate it fast :p
Although some powder sits on the bottom of the tank and on the filter, that's not going to do any harm right?

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
I don't think it should harm them. It's just vitamins/minerals after all and eventually the excess will just get sucked up the filter.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You're not a bother, Johni. If you have questions, we're here and we usually have the answers.