Your opinion on my baby sully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellibelli72

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
photo.JPGI have been following all of Tom's recommendations for a healthy, smooth sully. He just weighed in at 125 grams at 5 months old. Does this sound ok? He was a slow starter at 35 grams when I got him at 5 weeks old, but the last month or so he has taken off. He has always been a healthy eater. I added Mazuri 2-3 times a week. So far he is pretty smooth. Tell me what you think............:)

Last edited by a moderator:

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
he looks like he's doing well. weight sounds alright, mine just hit 109 at 4 months a couple weeks ago, so i think yours in on track. love the name Dozer!

shellibelli72

5 Year Member
Missouri
Moozilion said:
A cutie!!! And so smooth, too! Good job!
Thanks! I take great pride in my babies, my family thinks I am nuts, but that is ok...LOL
At least I have all of you on this forum who are nuts too about their shelled babies:p

Nixxy

5 Year Member
New Hampshire
Looks great, honestly. :D

The weight really can vary from tort to tort.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Weight is great. Shell looks excellent! :D Your baby looks to be doing very well. Nice job.

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member
shellibelli72 said:
Moozilion said:
Thanks! I take great pride in my babies, my family thinks I am nuts, but that is ok...LOL
At least I have all of you on this forum who are nuts too about their shelled babies:p

Its funny I just got my baby a little over a month ago and my husband and son think I'm crazy. I never thought I could grow so attached to a little tort but mine has stole my heart. Glad to hear about other crazies. lol And I think your little guy looks great.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
shellibelli72 said:
Moozilion said:

I often take refuge in this quote:
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -Nietzche

Let them think we're nuts. We dance with appreciation and delight at the marvels of animals that may be overlooked and misunderstood by those who are less grateful for the beauties of the world.

Zabbi0

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Moozilion said:
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -Nietzche

Let them think we're nuts. We dance with appreciation and delight at the marvels of animals that may be overlooked and misunderstood by those who are less grateful for the beauties of the world.

I absolutely love this. I think I will carry this quote with me for the rest of my life. Thank you for sharing. :)

shellibelli72

5 Year Member
Missouri
Zabbi0 said:
Moozilion said:

I absolutely love this. I think I will carry this quote with me for the rest of my life. Thank you for sharing. :)
Agreed:) That is a great quote.
Love me for who I am, I always say. If not, there is always someone who will.....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.