Your ultimate dream come true….

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTortoiseWhisperer

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mandeville, Louisiana
If you could pick anyyyyy turtle or tortoise in the whole world which one would it be and why?

I'm happy with my Turt & Tort family as is right now but if I could I would love to have a Chaco tortoise, a leopard, an indian star and or a burmese star tort just because I believe them to be the most beautiful torts I've ever seen. and of course an aldabra would be an amazing tort to have because after reading Aldabraman and AldabraNerd I see them as the most gentle giant creatures in the world.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Aldabra, radiated, snow leopard. The Aldabra, because I have always wanted a large tortoise. The radiated, they are beautiful and the snow leopard because I want another leopard. The radiated is the only one I am not in persuit of. The other two, I am.

Creedence

5 Year Member
Sacramento, CA
ALL the tortoises (; not really, haha.

Wildest dream, I'd love some aldabras. They look to have great personalities.

More realistic dream, for when I have land some day, I'd love a leopard. I'd also love to have space for some rescue sulcatas. And of course a tribe of Russians (;

Vincentdhr

5 Year Member
I would love to have a herd of either Aldabras or Burmese Blacks. They are just so majestic and act as though they have their whole day planned out in advance.

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Oklahoma
I love the stars, indian or burmese does not matter to me, I think that they are so pretty. I also, would love an ivory sulcata and an albino sulcata. They are so beautiful.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
East Bay area
My list is Waaay to long. Ultimately I would love enough space to comfortably have dozens of species... Sigh

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
A trio of Russian tortoises,some stars (any type) some breeding pairs of sulcatas and leopards and2 aldabras .

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Keeled Box Turtle (Pyxidea/Cuora mouhotii). I think they are very unusual and exotic looking.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Geometric, Only because I have never had these before as well they are one of the oldest un eveloved tortoise in the world. Dating genetic similarity of specimens 1,000,000 years ago. They are also very very beautiful.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I always wanted a alligator snapper! But I would also love to own an Aldabra!

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
A red eared slider, a russian tortoise and a sulcata...they're SO hard to come by :(.......................:p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
pdrobber said:
A red eared slider, a russian tortoise and a sulcata...they're SO hard to come by :(.......................:p

:D

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Yniphora is the most tort I want to own if not for the near extinction issue. I believe it is the most beautiful tort if carefully cared and raised for.. Even better than radiata.

The other torts will be all the giant ones, except for emys due to their flat shell...

So, in order of preference will be:
1. Yniphora
2. Galapagos
3. Aldabra
4. Radiata
5. Chaco - always want to have mini version of sulcata, since I like sulcata but can't stand its burrowing habit

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
tortadise said:
Geometric, Only because I have never had these before as well they are one of the oldest un eveloved tortoise in the world. Dating genetic similarity of specimens 1,000,000 years ago. They are also very very beautiful.

:)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You know, my ultimate dream come true is more along the lines of infrastructure rather then adding another animal to my group. I have some really impressive (at least in my mind and dreams they are) natural enclosures I want to create. Doing that is where my heart really is more headed.

EKLC

5 Year Member
My dream is to live somewhere where my torts can be outside all year, with abundant graze, top notch security, and the ability to add any tortoise that needs a home.

a padloper oasis wouldnt be bad either

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
I love the manouria emys... I didn't know it at the time but it was actually one of these at my local zoo that got me interested in tortoises in the first place... I had no idea that they were relatively hard to come by, though, and didn't even bother figuring out what kind it even was when I first met the little guy... I thought he was a Russian or something :p But yeah, probably that EXACT tortoise from the zoo... no one ever pays him any attention because he's kind of off in the corner but every time I visit he comes up to the glass and tries to eat my finger :rolleyes:

Also from my local zoo, I fell in love with a very comical little herd of flat tailed tortoises. I have never heard of people privately owning them though so I don't know if that's even a real possibility :p

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Jacqui said:
You know, my ultimate dream come true is more along the lines of infrastructure rather then adding another animal to my group. I have some really impressive (at least in my mind and dreams they are) natural enclosures I want to create. Doing that is where my heart really is more headed.

X2

Status
Not open for further replies.