you've got to be kidding me... kaylynn's third birthday... HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswen

5 Year Member
OH GOODNESS...... so, my daughter is... less than girly.... she asked for horses and monsters for christmas. she especially asked santa for a "horsey".

her favorite thing to play is "monsters" and she likes to pretend the beast from beauty and the beast is attacking us, or that she's the beast, or that i'm the beast, or a monster.... i got her a couple of hairy monsters for christmas and she's slept with them every night so far.

so, there's the background info on my tomboy. her third birthday is jan 20. i was planning on a butterfly tea party this year, and i asked her what she thought about that. a nice, girly, delicate, not-over-used theme. i get tired of the usual princess stuff, so i thought this would be great.

NO. she wants a MONSTER tea party.

seriously?

now, i don't know how many of you all have or remember 3 year olds, and i don't know if mine is an "average" child, but, she WILL remember and she WILL notice if this party is not a "MONSTER TEA PARTY."

AND SHE WILL BE UPSET.

and, well, it IS her party... so...

WHAT ON EARTH DO I DO HERE? i've custom-requested several things on etsy (because, honestly, how many "monster tea party" themed birthday party items are there going to be at walmart?), so here's what i have so far. i'm mixing girly monsters with monster-ey tea party stuff:

this is going to be her shirt and party invitation, with a bow on the monster's horn and a pink background where the orange in the circle is, and the monster will be holding a tea pot instead of a cup cake:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62162676/personalized-googly-eyed-monster

these will be some cupcakes, mixed in with some tea pot-like cupcakes, possibly purple paper bottoms with colorful (orange, green maybe) tea pot cupcake fondant or paper toppers:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/57759051/cupcake-wrapper-from-the-monster-fest

i've suprisingly got the party favors already! they will be in some MONSTER sized tea-bag look-alikes and they are these:
http://www.lorisparties.com/Monster-Lollipop-Favors-set-of-6.item
http://www.lorisparties.com/Monster-Pop-Up-Party-Favors-set-.item

i think i will have it go along like a tea party, monster style. i may do mis-matched tea cups from good will or a thrift store or something... and i think a fun thing to have them do would be to make their own cookies for the food part (like, just have some sugar cookie dough and let the kids cut out some shapes and i'll bake them, then just serve them with the food and without icing)

some food stuffs i've come up with are: monster cookies (SOO GOOD!) mini bagels, some nice, healthy, kid-friendly herbal tea, and some miniature sandwiches.

i'm open to any ideas whatsoever, in any department!

so, what kind of games and decorations could anyone suggest for a monster tea party themed 3 year old birthday party?

lol... PLEASE HELP!?!?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Kaylynn and Ava would get along great. Too bad you are so far away. Ava could show her how to hold the roaches and how to tell the boys from the girls...

I'm not very creative with all the party stuff. Its a good thing I married the right woman.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Having two boys I never got to do a tea party. But I did learn that three year olds do not have much of an attention span. We did astro jumps and pinatas at that age. When my youngest turned four or five it rained so we had an inside party and did games. You could do something like decorate a box like a monster and throw something (monster cookies) in it & see how many they can get in. Another idea would be a craft. Set up a table with stuff to make a paper bag monster puppet or foam book marks. These are just ideas to go with the tea party. I think apple juice in a tea pot would go over better than herbal tea. I have tried and tried to get my boys to drink herbal tea and they NEVER will. I happen to be a big Calli tea drinker, so I don't get why they wont drink it. If your daughter does then good for you! Juice really isn't that good for kids.

Edna

5 Year Member
Rawlins, Wyoming
I'm thinking frog-eye salad, just for tasters. There are some great monster stories from Wright Group that are perfect for that age. I'm thinking "Where the Wild Things Are" type monsters, but of course with monsters, the sky's the limit!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
For a game, how about pin the tail on the monster. Everyone gets a long hairy tail, and you have to have a hairy looking monster to pin them on. I never had a little girl...only 5 boys. :( You are very lucky.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I'm sure "Boo" from "Monsters Inc." would fully understand her loving monsters. I had to laugh when I read this thread. What a little cutie you have there and we are definitely going to need pictures to go along with this story. :D I think that you're a wonderful mommy to do this for your little girl and I think it's fine whatever she wants as a theme. She's obviously a little girl that knows exactly what she wants and that will eventually turn into a woman that knows exactly what she wants. ;) It's a win, win situation. :) If you live anywhere near Alhambra, CA I do have a girl who makes the most beautiful or scary cakes for a living. :D

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Check out "The Gruffalo" they have some masks that you can make. It's a super cute story to read to the kiddos. It's about a mouse who makes up this monster, so he is not eaten for dinner, then he actually runs into this monster and shows the monster what a big bad mouse he is!

Frog eyed salad is the bomb, I make it for my K's at school when we do the letter F!!

You can also make dirt dessert, yummy, another favorite of my kiddos! If you need recipes, just give me a holler!!

What a fun party, you are a great Mommy!

moswen

5 Year Member
oh what great ideas guys thanks so much! i'm def going to do the mask thing mary anne, and i have a really cute idea for a monster box with a mouth cut in for a cookie toss... thanks angi! you all have wonderful ideas, thank you so much!

...and thanks for the moral support lol!

it's definately coming together now, after the initial moment of panic and a few days to meld some ideas together, i'll post pics when it's over! (lol, look for them in a month!)

Status
Not open for further replies.