United Kingdom
20120525_143855.jpg

20120525_144028.jpg

20120525_144037.jpg

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Harrietta, MI
Awwww how cute, love the name.. Its funny as that discribes them well cause if they wana get someplace fast they sure can zip real fast right along. :D

_simon_

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
I'm actually thinking about getting rid of it and making one in a different position. I know we're not properly into summer yet here but his current enclosure is falling into shade too quickly for my liking. If I make him a new one at the bottom of the garden then he has sun all day long and yes I do have trouble finding him lol

_simon_

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
He keeps me on my toes. As his enclosure fell into shade at midday today, I had him out on the sunnier parts of the lawn free roaming but that meant I had to keep an eye on him constantly. He made a move for the turtle pond twice, I think he fancied a dip! I would tortoise proof the garden but there's not much point, we have birds of prey overhead and he's too small not to be supervised.

_simon_

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Measured over 43C on the ground today, zippy made good use of his outdoor enclosure. i kept going out to check on him and it took ages to find him each time!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Just an idea. How about leaving this enclosure up AND building a new one. Then you could use this one early in the day and the other one later in the day. This would allow more graze to grow for him. He could start the day in the current one and fill up on all that excellent green stuff, then when you moved him into the new enclosure later in the day, he wouldn't knock down the new sprouts as much.

_simon_

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
haven't really got enough space for 2 enclosures. We're getting a dog this year and I'm also intending to enlarge the turtle pond. Need some lawn left for the dog :) Obviously as he grows I'll be waving goodbye to the lawn but right now we'd like to keep some.

Status
Not open for further replies.