zippy

Status
Not open for further replies.

veeja

5 Year Member
Hi folks, thought I would give you a zippy update, she is doing well, actually grew too big for her house. haven't gotten the courage to clip her nails. she gets a worm or bug dipped in calcium plus a green daily. comes running when it is feeding time. just ordered some bed a beast for her. do turtles like a companion ? how can I be sure she is a she ? I went by no tail but have since learned that could be a sign of the calcium problem. thankyou for all of your help. :) carol and zippy

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thanks for the update Carol...pictures would be great:) I'll have to leave the sexing question to someone else.
(Thanks for the refresher thread Jacqui).

veeja

5 Year Member
she will get bigger ? she should be about 5 yrs old. thankyou for the info.
carol and zippy
Pepper said:
Gald Zippy is doing well. Nope they don't need companians :) and if you were to get another turtle there wouldn need to be a quarentine period and then who knows if they'd get along or if she'd get bullied.
I can't tell from the old pics if she is a she or he, maybe some new ones might help if she's bigger?

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
If you post a picture of her plastron side emphasizing the tail area, someone here can help sex her. Some keepers do keep companions for their tortoises, others do not since in the wild many species seem to seek companionship only for mating reasons. My Leopards are separated because the larger one bullies the smaller one - so that, IMHO, is a more important reason for separation in response to whether or not you should keep the same species in groups. Mixing species is not a good idea because each species carries different pathogens that the other may be more susceptible to.

Status
Not open for further replies.