Zoo Med Grassland Food for RF

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarleyK

5 Year Member
Do any of you use or have tried the grassland version? I am currently using the forest one, but would using the grassland one hurt? It looks like there are more dried fruits in the forest version.

mattk

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
delaware
mine actual like it. abbey realy likes that and mazuri i guess its easier for her to eat since she has a messed up mouth and i soak it until its soft. magee pretty much eats anything i put in front of him.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
So far, the only commercial diet my little RF will eat is Mazuri, and the only commercial my sulcata will eat is that "Trix cereal" Rep-Cal stuff (which i feed very rarely). Neither one of them will touch ZooMed foods...which stinks, because I happen to have a surplus of it!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I'd guess the grassland diet contains little to no fruit and no animal protein? If this is the case, you could use it for your RF as a fiber and vitamin supplement, but why use something designed for grassland species on a forest tortoise? The forest tortoise diet seems equally available...

I use the forest tortoise diet once every 2 weeks or so, my hatchlings seem to like it equally to Mazuri.

HarleyK

5 Year Member
Redstrike said:
I'd guess the grassland diet contains little to no fruit and no animal protein? If this is the case, you could use it for your RF as a fiber and vitamin supplement, but why use something designed for grassland species on a forest tortoise? The forest tortoise diet seems equally available...

I use the forest tortoise diet once every 2 weeks or so, my hatchlings seem to like it equally to Mazuri.

Yeah I'm just going to stick with the forest. I think my redfoot will appreciate the dried fruit and fish meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.