Zoomed Turtle Dock Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlesailor

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hey guys,
I just want to show you something...when I bought my Zoo Med Turtle Dock a year ago? (I don't remember when I bought it lol) When I tried to attach the suction cups onto the hanger it broke, now I decided to put two spider plants into the hole where you attach the hanger in. I am going to see if the plants can thrive and grow...I hope it does...It could make the dock look pretty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K7g6CwBvjQ

I was inspired by the floating island used for ponds, lakes...I actually kinda like it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah...I like the turtle dock concept, but I've had problems with the suction cups too. Good luck on the plants. I think your problem is going to be light. They don't do well in artificial light.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Ditto on the issues with the suction cups...also, the two RESs here decided that the dock looked like a good toy to take bites out of and the pieces would get caught up in the filter screen and clog it quickly...so, i removed it and did a home made basking spot----so far so good...:D

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
Oh the turtle dock. They been around so long, bet they make so
Much money off them. When I use to take turtles in and find homes for them, I use te turtle dock as a hide or ramp. The suction cups arnt the best, and it's pretty expensive dock for what it is. Anyways done ranting about that. Lol

As for the project beautiful dock, I like it. Let's see of the plant does well, I might even dig out my old tuetle dock and try this. Hmm lol

Kyle

turtlesailor

10 Year Member!
California
I hope the plant will be fine with the UVB light...If the plantlet don't survive I might use pothos then or mondo grass and see how will it go...

LindaF

5 Year Member
My solution for the suction cups that wouldn't hold was to throw them away and the plastic as well. I used a tie wrap to attach a magnet and then had another magnet on the other side of the glass. The magnets they sell to clean algae work really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.