Zoomed Vs. Reptisun UVB tube lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Who uses what? Im doing some light changes for everyone and bought a 48" double tube fixture and plan to do a regular fluorescent light on one side and a UVB bulb on the other. (side by side shop light fixture) I will have these hanging over my stock tanks.

Im comparing prices, etc and would like to know everyone's opinions on them if you use them. Is one supposed to be a better light than the other? Any input is appreciated.

**OK I just realized the Reptisun is made my ZooMed** Can anyone give me feed back on these bulbs?

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i'm fairly sure i bought a reptisun 10.0 bulb last. i've been happy with it. my DTs seem to like it fine.
i think it was robyn who posted a site that reviewed the bulbs with UVB sensing equipment and such...maybe you can find it by searching..

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
Thanks Robyn. :) All of my compacts are ReptiGlos so not the ZooMed ones. Honestly I think Im going to go with one plant light and one regular fluorescent since everyone will be going outside soon anyways. ;)

TestudoGeek

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Lisbon, Portugal
JustAnja said:
All of my compacts are ReptiGlos so not the ZooMed ones. Honestly I think Im going to go with one plant light and one regular fluorescent

I use 1 Reptiglo compact 10.0 & 1 regular 40w bulb for heat and everything's just fine.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
TestudoGeek said:
JustAnja said:
All of my compacts are ReptiGlos so not the ZooMed ones. Honestly I think Im going to go with one plant light and one regular fluorescent

I use 1 Reptiglo compact 10.0 & 1 regular 40w bulb for heat and everything's just fine.

Well Ive been using the Reptiglo 8.0 compact with regular 40 and 60 watt bulbs together but Ive got so many domes everywhere right now I just want to shuck it down to a lower number. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.