Zoos with redfoots/yellowfoots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorCosmonaut

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Anyone been to a zoo with redfoot or yellowfoot torts? What one? Thanks.

-JM

5 Year Member
The zoo I interned at had a really old redfoot. Cameron Park Zoo in Waco, Tx. You would never see the tort though, he's in the south american exhibit, which is set up with plenty of hides and stuff. He spends all his days under the plants enjoying the misters.

TKCARDANDCOIN

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Cleveland metroparks zoo has a redfoot in the rainforest exibit!

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Henry Doorly in Omaha has them in exhibit with agountis, monkeys, and macaws in S. American rainforest exhibit.They also have sulcattas as "lawnmowers" around outside of this building. The Minnesota Zoo had them in petting zoo with gigas bluetongues.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
There used to be a breeding pair of yellow foots and then a number of adult red foots at the old Dreher Park Zoo--now The Palm Beach Zoo, in West Palm Beach, Florida. I haven't been there for some time though so I'm not sure if they are still there or not. For a long time the managment of that zoo was very anti- reptile and wouldn't pay much attention to such things.

At the old Crandon Park Zoo on Key Biscayne in Miami there was a couple of giant...and I do mean GIANT yellow foots. They were in with the Galapagos tortoises and they resembled a slightly smaller and flatter version of the island animals. When the Crandon Park got absorbed by MetroZoo the big yellow foots went there but they weren't seen for long. I don't know what ever became of them.

RichardS

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Charleston, SC
At the National Zoo in DC in the Amazonia exhibit.

tortoiseguy65

5 Year Member
Illinois
There are a couple of "giant" yellowfoots at the St. Louis zoo in Missouri. They are kept with the Galaps and Aldabras. I wonder if they are the ones that came from the Crandon Park Zoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.