ZuPreem Monkey Chow Biscuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pueblo West
I had someone tell me to try ZuPreem Monkey Chow Biscuits to get Charlie eating can I thoughts on this please

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
At one time prior to Mazuri tortoise chow, Monkey biscuits were very popular. They had an unfortunate association to Pyramiding, based on the reasoning at the time, due to protein content.

Well as it has turned out that is to bad, as pyramiding is strongly correlated to environment of neonates, who actually need protein in greater amounts than adults.

Those biscuits were often offered after being soaked. They do smell good.

Not a bad thing to try it, but I would not make it anything more than a segway to eating better diet items like the cacophony of suggestion about weeds and grass.

Why do you suppose Charlie is the situation where he needs "to get ,,, eating"?

Will

sueb4653

5 Year Member
Pueblo West
he has been not eating and losing weight .we went to vet today fecal heavy worm load and blood work we will know results on Wednesday.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Good that you have been pro-active with a vet visit. The vet will probably prescribed or even dose your pet. It's Ok to be little cocky with vets, some have no clue, some are great. Make them show you why the drug or compound is the right choice.

http://www.arav.org/ is but one registry of reptile vets. Many local or state level "herp" societies will have a list of vets trusted by members as does TFO. The TFO vet list is not interactive though, the last post was by Yvonne in 2011.

Will

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Panacur is the compound of choice for US vets. It has a huge safety margin. After that third dose, you should keep all (ALL) feces away from your tort every day for at least 40 days. The worms inside will shed eggs, and those eggs can immediately re-infect the tortoise. It's a pain in the butt task.

I keep such animals in a plastic tote, no substrate but newspaper, and a throw away cardboard box. A cereal box, Kleenex box whatever, whenever it gets soiled I throw it away. The newspaper (or paper towel) gets tossed daily. You could even rotate cloth towels, just use a strong bleach addition to each wash, and wash separately from everything else. Worm eggs are so small, they can become airborne, and that does not kill them.

This all sounds extreme, it is not. Many humans carry sub-clinical worm loads. Doctors don't seem to care, when was your own stool a part of ANY medical exam you ever had?

Will

dds7155

5 Year Member
I used to feed zupreem to hatching parrots years ago , grind it up in a blender and add some boxed baby food ,,

Status
Not open for further replies.