Best thermostat? Uk and hudmifier

glitchedagain

Location (City and/or State)
Norfolk
Hiya. I'm upgrading viv to 6x3 one.
What is the best thermostat to use. If rather only buy once as expensive.
I was looking at the Microclimate EVO Connected 3. Is it worth it? Is there better?

I am sometimes away for work a few times a month. I have people who can feed and water. But won't be able to do lights morning and night so I liked the idea of it being app controlled.

Thoughts?

Also looking for best humidifier for same reason above some time I'm not home for 3-4 days so won't be able to spray druing the day to keep the humidity high enough.

Uk- orchid bark substrate - wood/ glass front viv- t5 light, flood plus heat lamp.

Thanks for the help also any other suggestions or help welcome

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hiya. I'm upgrading viv to 6x3 one.
What is the best thermostat to use. If rather only buy once as expensive.
I was looking at the Microclimate EVO Connected 3. Is it worth it? Is there better?

I am sometimes away for work a few times a month. I have people who can feed and water. But won't be able to do lights morning and night so I liked the idea of it being app controlled.

Thoughts?

Also looking for best humidifier for same reason above some time I'm not home for 3-4 days so won't be able to spray druing the day to keep the humidity high enough.

Uk- orchid bark substrate - wood/ glass front viv- t5 light, flood plus heat lamp.

Thanks for the help also any other suggestions or help welcome
Hello!
1. In viv humidity stays high for several days (or weeks) with just water dumped in the substrate.
2. As of thermostat - I will go with simple as granma's iron on/off thermostat and optional spare (can be a dead simple from Swell for 30 pounds). As far as I know, Habistat makes reliable ones: https://habistat.com/product-details/thermostats/temperature-thermostat Pulse proportional thermostats allow more precise temperature control, but it's not really required.
3. For the lights you can use simple timer sockets. But if you want to be in control of what's happening in viv - smart power strips or sockets and temperature/humidity sensors are great. I use TPLink Tapo series, running fine yet.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Don't use a humidifier in the viv. As long as it's enclosed and not an open top table, with the correct lighting and heat then dampening the substrate will keep the humidity where it needs to be. Then you just have to dampen it maybe once a week or so. Only you can monitor that and know when more dampening is needed.
Lights on timer will work for on and off. That's what most of us use.
The temps should be adjusted by the height they are hung and the watts used. Sometimes you have to go higher or lower on the watts to get the right temp or hang the heat/lights higher or lower.