Having a Greek Tortoise In South Korea

Alex and the Redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Cyprus
Hi sorry for my many questions.
But I just came back home from going to a cafe for 2 hours ( it is 12pm here and I changed my tortoise water this morning around 8am)
And now the water is completely yellow which makes me worried.
Is it normal.
I am thinking maybe it could be because she ate yellow flowers yesterday?

I posted a picture to show

She is in it now so I cannot change the water yet. But I am thinking bringing her outside now for walk and sushine
Questions are welcome!

Perhaps, you are right: the water color has changed from pee and it can be darker after eating some plants or flowers like dandelions.

South Korea
Welcome!

I wouldn't get too worried about not being able to match foods to any lists you see here; these are lists for North America and the UK; you're doing your tortoise a disservice if you look for only foods commonly mentioned here.

Fortunately many Asian countries are more open minded about eating foods that are great for tortoises we'd never consider here. So you might be better off than some of our owners once you learn what's around you.

I know it's not East Asia but you may find some available foods in this thread: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/s...cambodia-thailand-malay-indo-etc-diet.165957/. And if you read through this (long) thread you'll find two posts I made about foods I've purchased from a Korean grocery store. Just dropped by a Korean grocery store today, in fact! You'll also see plenty of posts from me visiting my farmers market, which sells to many Asian and Indian customers; always something new to try: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-tortoise-chef.153728/.
Hello rosemaryDW,

I found some yeolmu the fruit/vegetables market is selling bellow my appartment.

It seems know english is it "young summer radish"

I tried to look here it seems radish green is safe to eat as a normal meal.

Do you know it? Could you confirm me they are the same as the radish greens?

Thank you

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello rosemaryDW,

I found some yeolmu the fruit/vegetables market is selling bellow my appartment.

It seems know english is it "young summer radish"

I tried to look here it seems radish green is safe to eat as a normal meal.

Do you know it? Could you confirm me they are the same as the radish greens?

Thank you
Hello!
Yes, leaves can be fed as a part of varied diet (not daily). Feeding roots should be avoided.
You can look latin names in Wikipedia for the plants and vegetables growing or sold in Korea. And then search Tortoise Table or this forum for latin name (e.g. Raphanistrum in case with yeolmu).

South Korea
Hello!
Yes, leaves can be fed as a part of varied diet (not daily). Feeding roots should be avoided.
You can look latin names in Wikipedia for the plants and vegetables growing or sold in Korea. And then search Tortoise Table or this forum for latin name (e.g. Raphanistrum in case with yeolmu).
Oh I see. Good tip. I will try that next time.
👍