Daisy's Anniversary

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Good morning Daisy,

You would have been hibernating as it's very cold and damp. When you in your first enclosure I remember coming home and putting you to bed and then I had to sit and listen to twenty minutes of shoving. I wondered what you were and the next day I found that you didn't want to face the wall of your enclosure and so you had turned yourself around to face the door way.

Earlier this way Jacky spent time in the current enclosure for the first and I was woken up at the crack of dawn to listen to banging and crashing as madam decided to chuck everything out! This happened two days in a row and you must have been howling with laughter!

Love

Natrah and Jacky

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sapphire just throws a little hissy fit now and then. Especially when I bring him in for the night. He settles down though. If I place him far enough away from his food he doesn't just tromp through it.😊 usually.😁

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

Sapphire sounds just like you mum and I couldn't put you to bed too early because you would come out again. Mind you sometimes you had issues because sometimes you couldn't go all the way into the tortoise house because there was a tortoise parked length ways at the back of the house and on one occasion you were shoved! I used to make sure that I knew where you were an hour before bed and go hunting all over the garden and a couple of times in the house. Sapphire does try to hide from his mum though!

Love

Natrah and Jacky

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning Daisy,

Sapphire sounds just like you mum and I couldn't put you to bed too early because you would come out again. Mind you sometimes you had issues because sometimes you couldn't go all the way into the tortoise house because there was a tortoise parked length ways at the back of the house and on one occasion you were shoved! I used to make sure that I knew where you were an hour before bed and go hunting all over the garden and a couple of times in the house. Sapphire does try to hide from his mum though!

Love

Natrah and Jacky
Dear MaNaAk,

Sapphire I think, giving him the benefit of the doubt 🤔 isn't really trying to hide from me maybe 🤔 he's just trying to get some shade. But it can get real difficult to find him since I try to keep his enclosure so natural. So it's somewhat my fault 😭😭😭

😘 CathieG

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy!

Dickie is moving this weekend because the house sale is moving quickly now and using camouflage to hide from his mum🤣! Zola has been out enjoying the Xmas festivities and Sherman is in the warm. I adjusted the fridge temperature today so Jacky should be okay.

Talking about the wire fencing you used to tunnel under it to get at the flowerbeds whereas Jacky used to climb on the tortoise house or the 'compost' heap. I used to remove you from the flower beds and block the holes and the next day the holes would reappear and you would be in the flowerbeds. When you weren't in the flowerbeds you would be hiding under a plant by the greenhouse. Jacky would sometimes follow you into the flowerbeds by the tortoise house. Dickie will be followed by George the same as Dilly and Razberri🤣.

Natrah and Jacky

PS: I am guessing that the third tortoise in my dream which was rather large was Sherman, PeeWee or Miss Mary Dobbins because I was looking at this forum before bed

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning Daisy!

Dickie is moving this weekend because the house sale is moving quickly now and using camouflage to hide from his mum🤣! Zola has been out enjoying the Xmas festivities and Sherman is in the warm. I adjusted the fridge temperature today so Jacky should be okay.

Talking about the wire fencing you used to tunnel under it to get at the flowerbeds whereas Jacky used to climb on the tortoise house or the 'compost' heap. I used to remove you from the flower beds and block the holes and the next day the holes would reappear and you would be in the flowerbeds. When you weren't in the flowerbeds you would be hiding under a plant by the greenhouse. Jacky would sometimes follow you into the flowerbeds by the tortoise house. Dickie will be followed by George the same as Dilly and Razberri🤣.

Natrah and Jacky

PS: I am guessing that the third tortoise in my dream which was rather large was Sherman, PeeWee or Miss Mary Dobbins because I was looking at this forum before bed
Dear MaNaAk,
I don't have as many tortoise nightmares as I used to since I started visiting with TFO friends.🤗 but I still have silly dreams 🐢😉. It's funny how the torts just worm their way into our subconscious forever more.🙃
CathieG 🐢🤗

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

Dickie is moving today so when she wakes up from hibernation she will meet a Ginger Tom. Jacky is okay and last night I wanted to test how cold she was by touching her shell and then her paw. Unfortunately I probably shouldn't have done this as she retracted her paw when she should be hibernating but at least I know she's okay.

I think Sue has quite a small garden like the one we have now so there's not very many opportunities to disappear. However I am sure that she would love to know that when all your holes were blocked up you and Jacky would climb over the tortoise house to get to the flowerbeds (you two must have regarded Jenny's house as paradise when you both made a beeline for her vegetable patch🤣🐢🐢).

MaNaAk

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Good morning Daisy,

Dickie is moving today so when she wakes up from hibernation she will meet a Ginger Tom. Jacky is okay and last night I wanted to test how cold she was by touching her shell and then her paw. Unfortunately I probably shouldn't have done this as she retracted her paw when she should be hibernating but at least I know she's okay.

I think Sue has quite a small garden like the one we have now so there's not very many opportunities to disappear. However I am sure that she would love to know that when all your holes were blocked up you and Jacky would climb over the tortoise house to get to the flowerbeds (you two must have regarded Jenny's house as paradise when you both made a beeline for her vegetable patch🤣🐢🐢).

MaNaAk
George is most upset at the mention of a ginger Tom in his garden! He is a brown tabby with white underneath & on his feet. He hates all other cats 🐈
Although our garden is much smaller there are a few hidey holes to check & Pete & I disagree over the potential escape route under the picket fence. He says she doesn’t dig. Yeh right, we’ll see! I’ve read enough on here of Daisy’s & Jacky’s antics to know nothing is impossible 😂
Good morning Daisy,

MaNaAk

Attachments

• IMG_0846.jpeg
    IMG_0846.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 2

MaNaAk

Southend
George is most upset at the mention of a ginger Tom in his garden! He is a brown tabby with white underneath & on his feet. He hates all other cats 🐈
Although our garden is much smaller there are a few hidey holes to check & Pete & I disagree over the potential escape route under the picket fence. He says she doesn’t dig. Yeh right, we’ll see! I’ve read enough on here of Daisy’s & Jacky’s antics to know nothing is impossible 😂
Sorry George what a handsome Tabby you are🤣🤣🤣😺😺😺!

Natrah

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dear Natrah,
I think you are correct in assuming your lovely Jackie will be a tortoise because she's a tortoise 🐢😂 they will dig here and there and if it just so happens it's deep enough to waltz through they will.🥴. I'm a firm believer that they'll come back around but in the meantime it's a terrible loss. And hopefully you are there and spot them when they do.
CathieG 🐢😘

MoggyMad

Northamptonshire
Dear Natrah,
I think you are correct in assuming your lovely Jackie will be a tortoise because she's a tortoise 🐢😂 they will dig here and there and if it just so happens it's deep enough to waltz through they will.🥴. I'm a firm believer that they'll come back around but in the meantime it's a terrible loss. And hopefully you are there and spot them when they do.
CathieG 🐢😘
If Dickie does get under the fence the neighbours garden leads round to the street so I’d rather be safe than sorry. She makes a dip in the soil under her favourite plant & lies in it so if she can do that here I think she will be able to get under eventually. The soil at the other house is soft & loose easier for little claws to move. Ours is cloggy clay so not so easy to dig & in the summer dries really hard. This is why Pete doesnt think she will get out. Even so I daresay she’ll have a good try!

MaNaAk

Southend
Good afternoon @MoggyMad,

At my grandmother's house Daisy actually succeeded and turned up in the neighbour's garden. The neighbour was a bit annoyed but not so annoyed when our rabbit turned up and yet he could do a lot more damage. At our old house Daisy got stuck halfway between our house and the neighbours and received a chip in her shell for her efforts. Just about to get to go to Carol Concert.

Just started raining

Natrah and Jacky

PS: Jacky was fine when I checked her this morning.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If Dickie does get under the fence the neighbours garden leads round to the street so I’d rather be safe than sorry. She makes a dip in the soil under her favourite plant & lies in it so if she can do that here I think she will be able to get under eventually. The soil at the other house is soft & loose easier for little claws to move. Ours is cloggy clay so not so easy to dig & in the summer dries really hard. This is why Pete doesnt think she will get out. Even so I daresay she’ll have a good try!
Yep 😊

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

This is what I saw on my way to the Carol Concert yesterday and I want to say thankyou for waving at me!

Love

Natrah and Jacky IMG20231210142216.jpg

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

I've got a lot of catching up to do first of all Ernie is very settled into his new enclosure and I hope @AmandaF gets to read this thread to find out what you were like. Angie is doing very well in her classes according to Zola and Dickie won't be moving in with Sue, Pete and George until next year but she will be moving. Meanwhile Jacky and I are okay and Jacky has retreated into her shell again.

Love

Natrah and Jacky

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning Daisy,

Thinking about Dickie moving in with Sue, Pete and George (who is a Tabby) we all know that this will happen soon. You and Jacky have moved a few times including mum and nana bought you two and then when you two and nana alongwith mum, dad and I moved to the house near Chalkwell Park. Dad put the wire fencing around the flowerbeds and you probably aimed straight for it. We then moved to another house nearby and eventually you two and nana followed. Another fence was put up and more holes appeared!

After nana, mum and dad passed away you two stayed with Jenny and Amadeo whilst I moved into a flat in Southend. The two of you made the most of their vegetable patch. You then joined me at the flat near Priory Park and then we moved to this flat in Westcliff.

Love

Natrah and Jacky