Pleased to meet you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florafawn

5 Year Member
Hello and thank you for being such an amazing tortoise resource and community. I've been haunting this forum for years seeking knowledge and advice and it's about time that I introduce myself.

My name is Lisa and I'm smitten with my 17 year old leopard tortoise named Sabu. We live in an urban but green spot in Minneapolis, Mn where caring for a tortoise can sometimes be a challenge. Sabu spends as much time possible outdoors during the summer grazing on the grasses and weeds in our yard along with plants grown just for her. She spends her days basking in the sun, snoozing in the shade and following us around the yard. She's pretty outgoing for a leo and loves to be near. She often beats me to the ripe strawberries in the garden and her favorite flowers are dandelions and clovers. She loves to run through the sprinkler and enjoys an occasional head rub.

It's so nice to meet you all and thanks so much!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
We would love to see pictures of your tortoise. How big is your 17 year old Leopard?

Welcome to TFO.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Florafawn

5 Year Member
IMG_5515sm.jpgDSC_5715sm.jpgDSC_5717sm.jpgDSC_0486sm.jpg
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll try to attache some photos for your viewing pleasure. Unfortunately I've misplaced my favorite photos of Sabu (I know they're in a file somewhere) so I'll be taking a lot more this summer.

Heather, she's a big girl, about 15 lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I so look forward to mine being that size :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I like the sprinkler picture :)

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Lisa and welcome to the forum. This month there's a photo contest where members get to show off their torts. This month's theme is something like tortoises enjoying summer. Check it out and perhaps you can submit that first pic with your Leo enjoying the sprinkler.
Florafawn said:
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'll try to attache some photos for your viewing pleasure. Unfortunately I've misplaced my favorite photos of Sabu (I know they're in a file somewhere) so I'll be taking a lot more this summer.

Heather, she's a big girl, about 15 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.