What kind of ships? (bad pic)

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Kerry and I came back over to the Nook lastnight and I saw two large ships with a dozen smaller Sailboats sailing around them but I couldn't tell what the big ships were. It might have been a multi part race, we call them Regattas here. I don't know though, anyone?

They look like Masted ships but I don't know.

If you right click and open in new tab and then click, you can get it pretty close.... when you do, the two bouys are Channel markers, red on the left and green on the right.

Sorry about the picture, it was taken from the Bay bridge with a phone.

20240505_123245.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I think I went blind from squinting so hard. lol

So did I!! Thank God Kerry was driving....she has self-discipline AND she can look to the side and still drive in her lane....me, not so much!

I'll ask Linc, he sells boats about 5 miles from there and he has a sailboat that he's raced so he's plugged into that world.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So did I!! Thank God Kerry was driving....she has self-discipline AND she can look to the side and still drive in her lane....me, not so much!

I'll ask Linc, he sells boats about 5 miles from there and he has a sailboat that he's raced so he's plugged into that world.
Ha, you're the type that the stirring wheel follows the direction you are looking? lol

zovick

10 Year Member!

They look like Tall Ships from what I can see. Perhaps they are on their way to the Tall Ship Festival in Portsmouth, NH or going to visit points between there and the Chesapeake Bay prior to the NH event since it seems a tad early to go there now for a July event.

Here are links: https://sailportsmouth.org/the-tall...ed to,with maritime adventure and exploration.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
As we drove over yesterday, I managed to get another pic of the ship.....it's hovering in place, moving from spot to spot just below the Bay bridge for weeks now. It's probably part of the bridge crew that is rehabbing the roadway precast sections. There are also 3-4 large marine cranes floating on barges near the bridge. There appears to be cranes on the ship...there is cabling at the top of the "masts" but I could only barely see it....still too far away.

20240514_141108.jpg

The mystery continues!