Being a British sports fan :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
We're having a stressful few months here in the UK. It's taking over...

Not only do we have the Diamond Jubilee pageantry and the forthcoming Olympics and Paralympics, but there's also

- Euro 2012 (Football)
- The Ashes (Cricket against the Aussies)

and worst of all Wimbledon where, yet again, we're stressing about Andy Murray

Our sportsmen & women don't seem to be able to compete without causing maximum stress...

.... Sorry my posting is irregular. Round about September it should have all settled down :(

In the mean time... more in hope than expectation... COME ON MURRAY!

Cfr200

10 Year Member!
Springfield, Mo
JoesMum said:
We're having a stressful few months here in the UK. It's taking over...

Not only do we have the Diamond Jubilee pageantry and the forthcoming Olympics and Paralympics, but there's also

- Euro 2012 (Football)
- The Ashes (Cricket against the Aussies)

and worst of all Wimbledon where, yet again, we're stressing about Andy Murray

Our sportsmen & women don't seem to be able to compete without causing maximum stress...

.... Sorry my posting is irregular. Round about September it should have all settled down :(

In the mean time... more in hope than expectation... COME ON MURRAY!

What about Wiggins and team Sky at the Tour? He missed winning the Prologue by 7 secs but is ahead of Cadel by 10 secs.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Your very lucky!!! I would love to go see a Wimbledon match in person. I am also a big fan of soccer ;) and would have loved to see everyones face when they lost. It must be nice to have too much sports going on locally for you to watch.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
MURRAY WON! :D I can't see him winning overall though; he's not consistent enough :(

I have been to Wimbledon a couple of times when I got lucky in the ticket ballot... you still have to pay for them, it just means you can actually get tickets if you are successful in the ballot. More often though, I'm just glued to the television watching the matches!

Cfr200 is completely correct about the Tour de France. That made a detour through Southern England a couple of years ago and actually came down the main road about 100 yards from my house which was very exciting.

I'l correct myself on the cricket... the Aussies are here, but we're not contesting the Ashes on this occasion. We still need to beat them though!

As for the Olympics, that is probably the most exciting thing this year. We have managed to get tickets for some events and as we live just 40 minutes by train from Central London, it won't be too hard to get there.

I was up in London last Thursday and it is unbelievably busy already. I'm sure I was the only person speaking English with an English accent! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.