Blue Water in Water Bowl

Maria_Z

Location (City and/or State)
Geismar Louisiana
Hi!
I just got home from school and came to check up on my baby. And the first thing I noticed was the color of the water. This morning I poured water in the bowl and now it’s blue. Does anyone know what could have caused this? I also checked my turtle and squirtle is wet. I’m not sure if my turtle could have been the cause of the blue water or not. Does anyone have a clue on what it could have been?
Thanks!!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
We really need to see pictures of the enclosure and water dish.

Maria_Z

Geismar Louisiana
Is there anything blue in the enclosure he could have rubbed on? Can you post picture
Hey! I took pictures right away but the quality isn’t great. And no there’s nothing blue that could have been rubbed off! The only blue thing is the food bowl but no color is rubbing off.

Attachments

• IMG_3626.jpeg
    IMG_3626.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3627.jpeg
    IMG_3627.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

_The_Beast_

Canada
Hey! I took pictures right away but the quality isn’t great. And no there’s nothing blue that could have been rubbed off! The only blue thing is the food bowl but no color is rubbing off.
In the first pic there is a container of rainbow coloured stuff on the other side of the tank glass. Is that food? If so, I'd guess food ended up in the water bowl. Otherwise it's really hard to tell based on such a limited picture of the enclosure. Maybe the moss or fake plants contributed? I know both can cause problems for tortoises due to impaction but I don't think they're what's turning the water blue.

Maria_Z

Geismar Louisiana
In the first pic there is a container of rainbow coloured stuff on the other side of the tank glass. Is that food? If so, I'd guess food ended up in the water bowl. Otherwise it's really hard to tell based on such a limited picture of the enclosure. Maybe the moss or fake plants contributed? I know both can cause problems for tortoises due to impaction but I don't think they're what's turning the water blue.
The rainbow colored stuff is aquatic rocks which was given to me but I don’t use at all. I’m not sure about the moss and fake plants because they have never caused problems before.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
The rainbow colored stuff is aquatic rocks which was given to me but I don’t use at all. I’m not sure about the moss and fake plants because they have never caused problems before.
image.jpg

I'd lean towards the moss is causing the water to change color.

Is the light in this picture supposed to be UVB also?