Bob's shed

• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

I just wanted to show those of you with small/young Sulcata what you are in for when they get bigger. I went out to Bob's shed to check on him because I could hear a lot of scraping and banging coming from his shed. It has finally stopped raining here until next Tuesday, but the ground is still too wet for him to go out. He is VERY tired of being kept inside. Please notice that he has removed his water dish from the corner where it usually sits. In fact, you can see the clean spot in the corner where his dish goes...
33wr0hz.jpg

Now please notice the color of the water in his water dish. It is that dark color because he has pooped in it for me...
359widi.jpg

Now notice the scratch marks all over the wall has high as he can reach. He digs these groves when he is mad and bored
2rntuvq.jpg

Now he is going to check and make sure he has created a big enough mess for me to clean up
2rxi5ag.jpg

he didn't think it was bad enough so he is peeing some more
w12t5w.jpg

Now he is feeling guilty about the mess
oh come on Mom, I'm sorry
1fgvoy.jpg

1116u5k.jpg

I can hardly wait for those of you with teeny cute little tortoises that are not even as big as Bob's turds, to grow and act like this...just wait until your guys are this size!!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It looks like that doorway is soon going to be too narrow for him to fit through! He's growing like your dandelions.

Yvonne

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Maggie, didn't I read somewhere that you needed more torts? lol I will stick with my "little" Cherry Head and my boxies.

DuttonWebb

10 Year Member!
Texas, yeehaw
I can hardly wait for those of you with teeny cute little tortoises that are not even as big as Bob's turds, to grow and act like this...just wait until your guys are this size!!!

LOL....That only makes me want mine to get huge! just so I can see those monster turds. My redfoot had one nearly the length of his shell......it was insain.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Maggie looks like Bob just had a Giant temper tantrum. LOL. That's why I have Greeks. They have little temper tantrums. :D
But I must admit Bobs face would melt my heart even after that tantrum.:)

M

Maggie Cummings

Millerlite said:
how cold is it outside?

right now it is 61 degrees. It's been in the low 50's and raining for several weeks. Today is the first day he has gotten to go outside. It's not the temperature that keeps him in, it's the constant rain and the wet grass. If they pull up the grass when it's this soggy they get roots and all and then no grass grows back in. Also when it's this wet, the pacing back and forth at the fence line leaves Sulcata trails of mud. So the keeping him in at this stage was more to protect the grass in his pen rather than him...

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
ah, i was just wondering how cold it was, are you in california? Temps down here are always cool at night, but we havent had rain in awhile, i think its going around us, lol

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Maggie, it seems like Bob wanted to make a mess, at least, he regreted it and now he is sorry :D. Hermy does the same thing. Sometimes, when I get home his enclosure is all dirty and he only weights 310grams, I just can imagine what can a tortoise like Bob can do. Tortoises are so cute, they are like little babies :D

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
She's in Oregon.

That's quite the mess to clean up! That would be a good pictures for the Sulcata Challenge!

M

Maggie Cummings

Millerlite said:
ah, i was just wondering how cold it was, are you in california? Temps down here are always cool at night, but we havent had rain in awhile, i think its going around us, lol

I live in Oregon where people don't tan they rust!!!
Unfortunately Bob's shed looks like that more often than not...They really are animals who were not created to be kept inside. Yvonne and I have reached an agreement where he will spend part of the winter with her. The logistics still to be worked out...He can't be there over Christmas unless she promises to take him to sit on Santa's lap...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
He can't be there over Christmas unless she promises to take him to sit on Santa's lap...

And that picture will be my Christmas desktop background. lol

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Got to love a tortoise with ATTITUDE! Maggie is he going to take the train or the bus to get to Aunt Yvonne's house? He could also come and visit me and Dale out here in Alhambra. Today it was 84 degrees and I have a big back yard that he would love. I want to see pictures of that. Can't wait until it warms up at your house for Bob I kind of have to feel for him he's like a little kid who can't go outside and play because it's raining. Hopefully it will warm up soon. At least he has you to clean up after him and from the pictures you do a good job keeping it clean. Where's his ball at I didn't see it maybe that's what he's looking for. Great pictures thanks. Candy

M

Maggie Cummings

Candy said:
Got to love a tortoise with ATTITUDE! Maggie is he going to take the train or the bus to get to Aunt Yvonne's house? He could also come and visit me and Dale out here in Alhambra. Today it was 84 degrees and I have a big back yard that he would love. I want to see pictures of that. Can't wait until it warms up at your house for Bob I kind of have to feel for him he's like a little kid who can't go outside and play because it's raining. Hopefully it will warm up soon. At least he has you to clean up after him and from the pictures you do a good job keeping it clean. Where's his ball at I didn't see it maybe that's what he's looking for. Great pictures thanks. Candy

His ball is out in his pen where he was this afternoon. It was 62 lovely degrees at 4PM today. So Bob and I were both outside snoozin in the sun...He'll take the train, The Shasta something and sit in the bar car so he can see the beautiful Sierra Nevada's...

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Tell him when he's ready I'll send him a ticket and he can come see me. He's big enough that my Labrador won't bother him in fact in might just bother her. :D

desertsss

5 Year Member
I can't wait. Then again my DT's will never be as big as Bob can be. Still looking forward to it. He's so studly!

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I've been wanting to get little Trevor a red ping pong ball!

He's in a really bad mood though so he's in time out (we're not playing with him today and letting him cool off so to speak). I changed his bedding (aspen with a hay pile), took out the CHE for summer, and rearranged one or two things to make him a new hide. He had to dig a new burrow and adjust a bit, so he's been pissy! He loves the new hide by the way, so no idea why he's in a bad mood.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Hahahaha Bob is such a cutie! He's just got that face and eyes that would make me melt if he was naughty, couldn't be mad at him ;)
Tallula has little temper tantrums, she will redecorate her entire enclosure if she's inside....and she almost always has a tantrum if shes sun bathing and I want to bring her inside, she was out the entire day yesterday and I tried to bring her in, and she just goes mental in her enclosure, so she was out till almost sunset. FUNNY animals, I love them!

Status
Not open for further replies.